So I reached 100k

papilos

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I have seen people posting mileage if 185k. What advice can you guys give?! I'm looking to get the most out of my 05 v6 LS. I want to change essential parts that will soon grasp out. So before I get stranded id like to fix things that tend to go after 100k. And I'd love to hook it up finally. This will be my daily driver!

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Coils and spark plugs, PCV and PCV plumbing, o-ring seals in the manifold valves, degas bottle, other plastic cooling system parts...

Positive Crankcase Ventilation.
I should have said "PCV valve and PCV plumbing."
(The V6 has a PCV valve, the V8 does not.)

I'm also having a hard time finding a good intake for my V6 all I see are deals for the v8 thunderbird engine intakes.

I'm also having a hard time finding a good intake for my V6 all I see are deals for the v8 thunderbird engine intakes.

That's because there isn't one. I have one for my daughter's V6 that I had to remove for a smog check that I haven't reinstalled......

Why do you think that the factory one isn't "good?"

Never said it wasn't.....u like the change in sound that aftermarket intakes make. And looking to mod the car a bit nothing crazy

replace coling parts, degas bottle and pcv. but you should get some more miles out of it. just buy the parts now so when it fails you got them alread

Thanks for all the good info. Time to put some money aside and start prepping my ride for the winter/next 3-5 yrs

Members online

Back