so i got the LS re-tinted just added more pictures 01/02/08

tubbyLS6

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
so i got the LS re-tinted.also just added more pictures 01/02/08 tell me what u think

ok i got the car re-tinted last week but havent ad time to take any pictures so this one is off my iphone. i'll take more pics of the car and post them up

if anyone wants to know what precent the tint is 20 percent one the side windows and back window and 35 precent on the front windshield

here are some more pics a closer pic of the windshiled and xenons, also a pic from the inside

photo.jpg

g.jpg

photo+.jpg

d.jpg

Why tint the windshield? Do you only drive during bright sun shining days?

Thats not gunna last in BK that long. The fuzz is gunna love you dude.

Thats way to dark!!!

knock on wood havent had any issue and this is the 5th car i did. plus i have a tint exemption for ny

I was wanting to tint my windshield as well but not so dark. what % would be good

In order for it to be exempt a special sticker must be placed between the tint on all windows or the fuzz can do what he wants till you put one there.

Good luck, I still doubt medical exemptions fall under the windshield or that dark of tint on it at the least.

Why do you need it so dark on the windshield? ( just a honest question )

nice... i wish i could do that it looks like a car in the brochure

i think its the angle of the picture... 35% you can see in and out of fine... and 20% is the same way.... no limo (5%) is a different story

medical exemptions. i used my older brother medical record for his eye surgurys so every car that i have owned and that he has owned all were tinted out. you should see his GX470

i'll post pics of the xeones and fogs tonight hope everyone will like the 30000k xenons

nice... i wish i could do that it looks like a car in the brochure

i think its the angle of the picture... 35% you can see in and out of fine... and 20% is the same way.... no limo (5%) is a different story

its the angle but if you walked upto the front bumper you can make out the streeing wheel and seats and the 20 not so much but black on black it makes it look even more darker

I would never tint the windshield more than 50% VLT at the MAX. Think about it.... 35% is just that, 35% of the Visible Light is Transmitted through the window. That is a huge potential for you to miss something at night and run into someone.
If that happens and you have tint on your front windshield, you are at fault! It is my understanding that you are not allowed to tint your front windshield below the AS-1 line in any state unless you are a law enforcement officer... no matter your medical exemption.

It looks good, but I think a 50% on the windshield would look just as good with your dark interior.

That's awesome, thats cool your allowed to tint the windshield. You can tint your windshield on the island of GUAM, but its also bright sun 365 days a year.

I think in FL if you have an medical condition you are able to have it tinted, first time I got pulled over for that that was the first thing he asked me "Do you have any medical conditions to have the the windshield tinted?"

i may re-tint my ls and do 5% or i might just tint the front windshield my windows are 20% but looks like 35%

wow! Poor guy posts pics and gets a flurry of wtf questions. The pic is misleading. He has a dark car and dark interior. The picture looks like the windows are pitch black. Walk up to his car though or drive by him on the highway and you can see him in the car. 35% on the windshiled isnt all that bad either. If you think about the % of light through the window, then think of the light through your eyes while you squint. Heres an example to show what I mean. Your driving through North Dakota in the middle of nowhere at 2:00 am. You have your high beams on, the music turned up and a cup of coffee next to you. You are wide awake and allert as hell. Some comes up over the bend with thier high beams on. Now I ask you how long before you eyes adjust to that amount of light. how far to the side does your head turn? How much are you gonna squint to try and see past this blinding light? Same senario but you have 35% tint on the windshield. Your lights (even the stock ones) are plenty bright for you see everything in front of you. A leave blows by on the road, you automatically decide if its a threat to your travel and continue on. Now when the guy comes over the bend instead of taking 100% or his hi beams straight to your wide open pupils, you get 35%, you pupils adjust to the MUCH less severe change in lighting just in time to see to the deer the guy next to you with out tint slammed into.

and for the reccord..... My sig has been up for a while with this picture on it. Wow mine looks dark as hell doesnt it!!!!!!! I have 20% all around except for the 30% reflective on my windshield (darker than his)

not to be a copy cat but instead of re-tinting all my windows, i will 35% my front windshield...it will make my tint a bit darker all around imo...
and before i carry on, i understand and knowingly accept all of the hassle i will get and the " stupid cop pulled me over for tint" scene...im aware of that, but this is what i want to do...will be done by next week

just added more pics let me know what you guys think i'm still working on it

I had mine done at 4% percent on every window but the front windshield. I asked what the darkest was that he had and he said 4% and warned me it was illegal but I said to use it anyway. I havent had any trouble legally and it keeps the car much much cooler here in Florida. I like the look of it one my car bc i have a navy and black theme going on but on my next car I definitly will not go as dark. I think sometimes it takes away from the classy look of the car, just my opinion.

give me some feedback. tell if you like or dont i'm very cool with what you have to say about.

Members online

Back