So I Got My Black Sealed Headlights Apart.....

Eiben06

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Well i purchased an extra set of head lights off a member here..Just In Case i screw it up. So while sitting in the hotel room on a trip for work, i bust out the dremel. after about 10 mins of cutting i have the little lip cut off, and a flat screwdriver prying the lens off. they came off pretty actually. i wanted to make sure i could get them apart before i ordered the 03+ angel eye kit. Well i ordered them last week and they should be here in the next few days, cant wait, hopefully this works out. ill be sure to post some pics of the process here in a few days once it all comes together.

ahhh! so there is hope yet for us blackies! haha

I also got a dremel, you should let us know what your process was.

Since you're doing this you could color match the bezels.
I even painted the black edge of the lens like an eyebrow the same color as my car.
You can see pics in my gallery.
I used PL Premium polyurethane adhesive (available at any Home Depot)
Use a hot glue gun to spot weld the lens together before applying the PL.
I used a 4 1/2 inch steel masonry wheel mounted on a standard small electric hand grinder to cut them apart.
Took about 5 minutes but I have 35 years experience with handycraft.
Not recommended for the novice but if you have the skill 5 minutes vs 1 1/2 hrs cutting time.

Oh and you can replace the amber reflecter with a piece of clear plastic diffuser like used in flourescent light fixtures.

Dude that is so awesome!!
Yes please post pics because I have been debating this since I got the news that they were making a kit for us 2nd gen'ers.

Since you're doing this you could color match the bezels.
I even painted the black edge of the lens like an eyebrow the same color as my car.
You can see pics in my gallery.
I used PL Premium polyurethane adhesive (available at any Home Depot)
Use a hot glue gun to spot weld the lens together before applying the PL.
I used a 4 1/2 inch steel masonry wheel mounted on a standard small electric hand grinder to cut them apart.
Took about 5 minutes but I have 35 years experience with handycraft.
Not recommended for the novice but if you have the skill 5 minutes vs 1 1/2 hrs cutting time.

thanks!!! ya im not sure if i want to color match the bezels, i kinda like the black with the color of my car, but i dunno maybe ill have to open up photoshop, and modify it to see what it will look like..

ya im not sure if i want to color match the bezels, i kinda like the black with the color of my car

Your car color maybe too light.
If I had a white car I wouldn't color match the bezels.
I was concerned because my car is light green but I'm really happy with how it came out.
Your car looks silver to me.
I would do the black lens stripe in your stock color as a half eyebrow.
I would possibly consider a darker silver say 1/3rd to black for the bezels, if you think your silver color is too light.
You could paint your bezels and spot weld the lights together then carefully trial fit them on the car and take some pictures.
Kinda like to see how well it sits with you.
And you can always repaint the bezels black with a spraycan if you don't like what you've come up with.

But try the photoshop.

Your car color maybe too light.
If I had a white car I wouldn't color match the bezels.
I was concerned because my car is light green but I'm really happy with how it came out.
Your car looks silver to me.
I would do the black lens stripe in your stock color as a half eyebrow.
I would possibly consider a darker silver say 1/3rd to black for the bezels, if you think your silver color is too light.
You could paint your bezels and spot weld the lights together then carefully trial fit them on the car and take some pictures.
Kinda like to see how well it sits with you.
And you can always repaint the bezels black with a spraycan if you don't like what you've come up with.

But try the photoshop.

ya i think im gonna try photoshop. but i gotta ask what was your procedure for painting the brow, i checked yours out and really like it..Thanks!!

ya i think im gonna try photoshop. but i gotta ask what was your procedure for painting the brow, i checked yours out and really like it..Thanks!!

I used a Nason brand 2K type single stage urethane paint and a standard spraygun.
Used it on the rear surround and my Wings west kit so I got 2 quarts.
Painted them off the car as it's so much easier and dries shiny so there's no clearing or polishing.
Tape off the black stripe, sand it with 320 paper, prime it then spray it
the color of your car.
If spraying on the car get a painters plastic drop sheet, put it over the car and cut slits and tape to body exposing the areas you want to spray.
You could also do it with a spraycan if you had the right color.
With spraycans you may want to clearcoat.

Members online

Back