So I drove a Zephyr today...

CpeVillStr90

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok,to start,this car looks 1000 times better in person.The local Ford /Lincoln/Mercury dealer had one.With the dark interior and the darker wood.Black exterior.Thats the best Im going to say though.I got in,the seats are almost as uncomfortable as the 300C's.The over use of plastic was another killer.A lot of the trim moved around in there place.The wood looked terrible with the brushed aluminum.Its got to be one or the other,but both looks horrid.There are ofcourse a few exceptions of this is other cars though.And I got the feeling that Lincoln tried to out do themselves with this interior and went overboard by doing so.The car did drive nice.Handling wasn't impressive.It was very underpowered.My CTS would blow it away and the CTS handles far better.Lincolns headed in the right direction by finally coming out with something other than a old man mobile.They just have to step it up in quality and power.To put it simply,unlike the CTS,the Zephyr couldn't touch a BMW,MB or Lexus in its class.

If theres plans for the Zephyr to stay alive that the two biggest things there going to have to offer.

There ought to be plans for a high performance model also.Sort of like the CTS-V.But then again any hopes for something like that being produced and even competing with the CTS-V or M3 are fried due to FWD.

ford will never add a performance versions on lincoln cars. ford has jaguar, unless SVT steps in and wants to do something with the zepoli or any lincoln. but somehow i highly doubt it!

The Ford should have used a RWD platform, not a FWD, even if they make it AWD.. The car is nice though, I like it, some nice 20" rims and it will be a real headturner.

ford will never add a performance versions on lincoln cars. ford has jaguar, unless SVT steps in and wants to do something with the zepoli or any lincoln. but somehow i highly doubt it!

Then in that case Lincoln will continue to be a sinking ship and they will never compete with anything near luxury.Even the low luxury Chryslers have started high performance packages for their cars.With what people want today,Lincoln will never survive unless they start adding performance to their cars.The era of a luxury car being an old man's car is over.

Members online

No members online now.
Back