So far so good....

hottweelz

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Spending the day installing Hand Controls in my 98 Mark VIII, (I'm in a wheelchair so it's necessary...) I've put about 6 hours in so far, just to ensure I cause no cosmetic damage at all... have yet to actually INSTALL the controls :Bang but so far so good, I think the first trip is going to be all the way upstate NY cuz I'm not gonna want to stop driving....

BTW, I managed to download the owner's manual for the car, but the audio guide is a separate PDF File... can't find it, anyone know where it is, the link on this site when found on an old message seems to not work anymore :(

hottweelz said:
Spending the day installing Hand Controls in my 98 Mark VIII, (I'm in a wheelchair so it's necessary...) I've put about 6 hours in so far, just to ensure I cause no cosmetic damage at all... have yet to actually INSTALL the controls :Bang but so far so good, I think the first trip is going to be all the way upstate NY cuz I'm not gonna want to stop driving....

BTW, I managed to download the owner's manual for the car, but the audio guide is a separate PDF File... can't find it, anyone know where it is, the link on this site when found on an old message seems to not work anymore :(

I thinks it great you do your own work , but sometimes must be a problem getting around , I live in Selden and I am an excellent mechanic , if you ever need a hand send me a message and Ill be glad to help... :Beer I work for beer :Beer

Thanks for the offer! 8pm and all is well, drove right to the car wash in Patchouge but they were closed :( ... :steering

Next step would be to install a "roll control" to lock your front brakes to do burnouts.
Hope to see ya around the Island this summer.

Wow -- I gotta tell you - thats real inspiring.

Please take notes and tell us all about how you did it.... IF you have questions be sure to ask.

yes, i can now offer full technical support on the pedals, steering column, and dashboard... as well as hand control installation for anyone else in a wheelchair... btw, I ordered a whole new chair to match the Mark :Beer

I should right? It's not 100% done, cuz I called the hand control manufacturer and they said I really should use a different mounting part for the column, and they're amazed i got the one I have working... they're saying I need a FWD mounting bracket for this RWD car.... so I have to take a road trip to Jersey and spend $48 on the proper part, then I'll be legit with the Mark VIII Mounted Hand Controls... still trying to improve the cosmetics.... an artist I'm not...

Sifrino3 said:
When you get it I would love to see the pictures! Just send me a message or something. . .

Will do, also when I first installed them, the telescoping and tilt shields, motors, and thread pipes came off the column, had to practically rebuild it... now the problems I get with the Mark are gonna be all the ones I "can't" reach :p

Members online

No members online now.
Back