Snapped a quick pic today

Chubbs765

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Not the best quality but it'll do. Finally got some 5% tint all around. Rims will be next. But oh yeah, this may sound like a stupid question but how exactly do I know if I have HID headlights or halogens? I know what HIDS look like and vice versa but I'm stuck in the middle. And anybody know off the top of their head the bulb size for 03 backup lights and puddles?

IMG_7640.jpg

Yeah, those are wrong lol. That's what got me in this mess in the first place lol

To tell if they are hids, watch them to see if they warm up to full brightness when you turn them on. They also instantly go out like an led when you turn them off. If they are factory, you should have a cutoff line when the lights are on the back of another car or wall etc.

Last edited:
HID's are white. If you lows look very bright and warm up when you turn them on you have HID's.

Also you can pop the hood and the headlight will have a yellow sticker on it.

Halogen's are yellow. Backup lights are 921.

Looks good, thats 5%? I can see your steering wheel and everything, mines 5% and you cant see a single thing.

Yeah it's 5. Definitely not 10%. Could be somewhere in the middle but I was told it was 5%. May be because of the sun shining in the front window as well

+1. In some of Andrizzle's pics you can see inside his car a little, and thats a mobile bat cave.

No they are not. Reverse is 921 and turn signals are 3157.

Autozone lists them as 3157, SuperBrightLEDs.com lists them as 3157... it's also the number I was given for my Navigator. I bought the 3157 LED's for it and they work just fine.

Good luck fitting a 3157 into the reverse light housing. Especially an LED bulb.

Autozone lists them as 3157, SuperBrightLEDs.com lists them as 3157... it's also the number I was given for my Navigator. I bought the 3157 LED's for it and they work just fine.

And so does sylvania and they are all wrong.

For the LS a 3157 wont work in the reverse socket. Only a 921. 3157 is dual filament 921 is single filament.

Not only will it not work due to a different base plug it but it wont even enter the lens.

vgzmq.jpg

ajmrmv.jpg

I know you are newer on here but we know these cars very well. Im not simply reading a list...ive changed out all my bulbs.

This is the part where you either provide pics of your reverse(LS) bulbs to support your statement or man up and just admit you made a mistake when it comes to the LS.

We all make mistakes from time to time.

I haven't replaced the bulbs on the LS reverse lights yet. I just made reference to what other sites said, and they were right about the lights on my Navigator... I guess its assuming too much that Ford would use the same setup on more than one vehicle... even if other sites say so.

The LS isn't your typical Lincoln. It's more jaguar than it is ford.

Members online

Back