smoking pot

JVIP

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
So i've noticed when I start the car the past few days its seems to be smoking and have a gas smell, its a large puff when I accelerate then goes away after less then a minute, any ideas what this could be?

.... I was like hmm wonder what may be in this thread

Can you Identify where it may be coming from, because you will almost never smell it while driving, wind and so on.

I had my hopes hiiiiigh for this thread... You failed me jvip

Many possibilities. How many miles?

I had a gas smell several years ago. It turned out to be the hose that connects the fronts of the fuel rails. I had to go to the parts store and buy a piece of hose and a pair of clamps. That took care of it!

KS

the smokes from the exhaust tips at the rear as well as the smell..

V6 2000 with 104k miles...

So i've noticed when I start the car the past few days its seems to be smoking and have a gas smell, its a large puff when I accelerate then goes away after less then a minute, any ideas what this could be?

Have you had a chance to let someone else drive it(while you stand and watch) so you can see the puff for yourself and assess excatly what color the smoke is?

yea its whiteish blue smoke and only happens when the car starts up.no time else..

yea its whiteish blue smoke and only happens when the car starts up.no time else..

Either:
A. One or more bad valve stem seals (could be due to a worn valve guide)
or
B. Clogged oil returns such that the valve cover(s) is sitting there full of oil and the PCV system is sucking it in and burning it.

I think that "A" is more likely, but rare.

Members online

Back