Small radiator coolant leak

willie3204

LVC Member
Reaction score
Any advice on how to fix this small coolant leak at the radiator? All the connections seem tight. It's a couple of drops in the driveway after running the car.
PXL_20211120_192414495.jpg
PXL_20211120_192423758.jpg

looks like its leaking from the plastic end tank fitting gasket. Not sure how well pulling it apart at the plastic tank fitting would go and sealing it. I put an all aluminum rad in my 97 from Ebay and it works perfectly with no mickey mouse plastic to trans line fittings to deal with. Good luck with it.

... Not sure how well pulling it apart at the plastic tank fitting would go and sealing it. ...
This is not specific to this model or radiator, but my experience has been that the cooling system plastics get old and brittle and you would be much better off to replace the whole thing.

I had the same thing in my 96. I just replaced the radiator. make sure you save the fitting that the trans. fluid lines run into and reinstall on the new radiator. Since I had the radiator out, I replaced the water pump as well since I had the extra room. The engine has run a lot cooler since I did the work which is easy and not much $$ for a change.

Radiator is on order. Thank you all for the advice. The windshield wiper fluid pump will also likely get swapped out in this little project.

Members online

Back