Small Brake fluid leak.

jwolsen

LVC Member
Reaction score
99 Continental has developed a small leak on the front driver side. When I crawl under the car, I can kind of see where its leaking but don't know if that's just runoff from somewhere above it or what. Brake light hasn't come on, pedal is not spungy, leaves about a quarter size stain, after sitting 4 hours. Like I said not a bad leak, but it is a leak. I'm taking to a mechanic tomorrow a.m., does anyone have an idea as to what kind of $'s if it's just the brake line hose? Any comments or feedback, would be appreciated. Thanks, Bill.

post back up with where its leaking and what they say needs to be replaced, also $. That way we can make sure your not getting screwed.

Thanks Groundzero, I'm hoping(best case scenerio) that the bleeder valve just needs to be tightened. Am I living in a dream by thinking that could be the possible cause? When I crawled underneath, it did look like it was coming from a valve like thing, but looking up underneath, on your back, I'm just not sure. Checked with alldata, and if it's the hose, shouldn't be more than 0.7 hrs on the labor, and O'reilleys quoted me 23.99 on the hose. I'll post after the mechanic tells me whats what, but can you tell me if it could be as simple as the bleeder valve needs tightening? I have no idea how it could become loose. Thanks, Bill.

It could be, can you jack up that corner and pull your tire off so you can get a better look?

Today was my lucky day. Mechanic showed me where the water is funnelled into a cowling along the fire wall with a hose to shed excess water. Turns out hose was kind of plugged and was still dripping water from the area directly near the brake hoses. Blew out the hose and everything is great. Didn't charge me a dime. I've been going to this guy for about 4 years, and it is truely wonderful to have someone honest, and doesn't attempt an upsell everytime you go there. Anyway, I am one happy camper. Thanks to all for your feedback. Sincerely, Bill.

Members online

Back