SLS vs STS

sts is the nicer one, more options and more power. not sure the exact difference thought. seville luxury sedan vs seville touring sedan but yeah the sts is the nicer one.

I have a 2000 STS, i think that the main difference is with the STS you get 25 more HP up to 300 even. I would go with the STS personally.

i agree but thats just because i own one (02'sts) i believe the sls puts out more torque in the lower gear but id have to check.. ive driven an 02 sls actually aswell and i have to say (non biased) that the sts is tighter and tears it up better!! i look at the sls as being a lil more of a granpas car not to hate on it or anything still a caddy and nice as ahell

Interior options such as full wood down the doors
3:73 Final Drive in the STS compared to 3:11 in the SLS
300 vs 275 horsepower
Magnasteer
Wheels
Exterior options
Suspension.

I prefer the SLS because it rides better, but to each his own.

STS has a wood wheel, wood shifter,fog lights, and the ground effects are the same color as the car. The grille is also the same color as the car, The leather is different in the STS. SLS has a leather wheel, leather shifter, silver grille, dark grey ground effects, which are very non-matching. And ofcourse the horse power difference and different overhead cam I think.

STS has a wood wheel, wood shifter,fog lights, and the ground effects are the same color as the car. The grille is also the same color as the car, The leather is different in the STS. SLS has a leather wheel, leather shifter, silver grille, dark grey ground effects, which are very non-matching. And ofcourse the horse power difference and different overhead cam I think.

Wood wheel started in a certain year. 99 or 2000. 98 STS has a leather wheel.
And not all SLS' had dark grey lower body panels. Some were color matched to the car.

Wood wheel started in a certain year. 99 or 2000. 98 STS has a leather wheel.
And not all SLS' had dark grey lower body panels. Some were color matched to the car.

No sir, I own a 98 STS right now with a woodwheel and ive owned a 99, theyre the same body with the same options. In fact Ive never seen a 98 without a wood wheel, but i have seen some 2000's without. The SLS's all have the dark grey trim from factory, believe me, ive owned 3 STS's. Not only that, im almost positive that he asked about a 99 year model, so thats what i was answering on. I think you mesn the 97 and under had no wood wheel, which is obvious if you know anything about the Seville. If need be, go head and goto cardomain.com and check out a 98 STS, see if it doesnt have a wood wheel.

Would you like me to take a picture of my stock all leather wheel that has been on my 98 STS since I bought it new? It was an option. Not stock.

The wood package on the steering wheel and shift knob was a $495 option. A friend gave me a wood shifter so I have that but not the wood wheel.

My mistake saying it started in a certain year. But it was not a standard option on STS'

Here is your 98 STS w/o wood wheel or knob.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2501537

I just checked out cardomain, and i see that you had to search for that one, because i filtered 98 models, and that was like the 2nd page of all the 98 STS, and the 2nd one without a wood wheel. I never said it was a "standard option",if you look back youll see that i said they had the same options as the 99s, meaning you could get it if you wanted. You said that 98s didnt have them, i simply corrected your lack of knowledge. You see, you dont know as much as you think, and you should do your homework before you reply to someones post with quotations, attempting to correct them. Out of all the 98 sts on Cardomain, theres 2 without a woodwheel and shifter.

The wood package was not a standard on the STS. It was an option that it seems that 99.99% of them had. It is quite possible to find an STS from '98 - '03 that does not have it. But it would be very rare. I believe that the differences are:

STS has more hp but less torque than SLS
STS has computer controlled suspension, SLS has passive in most years (I think '98 - '99 was computerized)
STS has 3.71:1 final drive, SLS has 3.11:1
STS came standard with chrome wheels (some polished), SLS this was an option
STS had different seats (center section either perforated or suedelike)
STS had Bose standard, SLS option
STS had wood package as an option, not offered in SLS
STS had body colored trim along bottom and grille, SLS was silver grille and gray trim. That is until '02, when SLS had body colored trim
STS had foglights standard, option on SLS

I am sure I have forgotten some, but that is the majority. Both cars are the same vehicle, just optioned differently. I have an SLS and think the ride is more Cadillac like. The STS is the better performer, but the SLS is not far behind.

Don

You need to chill out...

Again like I stated before in my previous post, I said it was my mistake for saying that they started in a specific year.
So maybe you should do your homework since not all STS' have a wood wheel. You never said it was an option, you said STS has a wood wheel and wood shifter. Period. So don't try and backpedal. I apologized for my mistake but you go trying to ream someone out for yours instead of owning up.
STS has a wood wheel, wood shifter,fog lights, and the ground effects are the same color as the car.

Please do show me where you said it was an option and please do chill out or find somewhere else to whine.

Please be quiet already, you probably dont even own an STS. This arguement would have never been, if you hadnt started talking about what the 98 had and what it didnt, He asked about a 99' STS/SLS. Then you started trying to correct me, talking about your 98 model. Then you quoted my post and posted untrue facts about woodwheels starting in 99..Geez..Quiet down already, youve already stuck your foot in your mouth

Getting cosmetics out the way. You either want more torque or horse power. This topic on which is better will rage on forever.

Members online

No members online now.
Back