Slp

Amish Electrician

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys it's ben awhile since ive been on. But i was just wondering what you guys would think about putting slp resonators in place of the stock ones with a muffler delete or back to the glasspacks that i have one there now.

Thats what I did, SLP's, a Heddman X-pipe and a muffler delete.. Got vids on streetfire.net and in the sticky up top..

Thats what I did, SLP's, a Heddman X-pipe and a muffler delete.. Got vids on streetfire.net and in the sticky up top..

No muffler? thats interesting. How did the ls feel after? I have flowmaster mufflers. I took the resonators off but put them back on cause it was too loud. Would those slp resonators make them louder than stock one?

Nice.Is that vid with the muffler delete?

I have flowmasters on there. It would be kind of a waste to do a muffler delete. Do you think it would make them louder just by swaping the stock resonators with slp respnators?

wow that sounds real good mines an 01 v8. would it be possible for you to list the exact parts that you have like part numbers possibly. Did the hedman x pipe take any fabbing to install or could a muffler shop simply install it..thanks

really the thing i hate the most about my car now is that around 3k to 4k it pops and cracks and sounds like a toy gun lol. Do the slps take care of that popping noise?

Depengin what that popping is caused by I'm guessing. Mine does a slight rattle at like around 2000 rpm but I think its just one of the cat's pieces coming apart. Havent verofied though.

Mine doesnt pop while accelerating.. Holding it in gear and decelerating heavily it backfires sometimes.. With stock resonators and no mufflers it sounded like a mix between a vtwin a truck and some kind of exotic, more high pitched and poppy, its much more muscular now.. look it up on streetfire.net user name SLP_LS_V8 have a few videos on there to get a good idea of the sound.. Ill get the part numbers for you guys, the heddman x needed quite a bit of modification to fit tho, i suggest a magnaflow maybe?

hmm ok well you think a magnaflow x pipe will fit better? Those part numbers would really help out thanks a lot for your help

What about deleting the resonaters leaving the stock mufflers or SLP with the stock mufflers?

so you think the magnaflow will sound as good or will it just be easier to install you dont have to remove your cats or anything do you?

I dont think you have to remove your cats. You can if you want to and free up some air flow, but I dont know if the sensors would go crazy. The resonators go after the cats. Take a look under your car.

yeah i know where they go the x pipe is where i was wondering where it goes...it goes in front of the resonators right...right after the cats..and then the slps would come after that so it would be cats,x pipe,slps

I thought it was cats, slp resonators, x-pipe, then mufflers.

Well I'm that because when I installed my flowmaster I told them to get rid of one of the cat. It was a cat that both pipes went into and it was before the mufflers and after the resonators

i think it would be too loud and get annoying. if i had to do it all over again id go with a magnaflow true muffler, one with chambers. im running 2.5" pipe, x pipe, 12" ebay stainless resonators, and magnaflow magnapacks...and i wish it was quieter alot of days.

just remember it might sound good for a month, but think about how it will sound a year from then, and if you could tolerate it. its very hard to think about. buti wish i had gone quieter.

i have flowmaster with resonator delete. its loud but not lound enough to drive you nuts, there is enough sound deadening to cancel out a lot of it. i love the way my car sounds. only think i would like to do is go up a little bit in diameter as far as the piping goes.

Members online

Back