Slow shifting

tristangoesham

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok I know there has been a lot of topics about the LS not shifting quickly but the other night I was driving home from getting some 24 hour mexican food when I got stuck behind this guy was going 35 in a 50 and was most likely drunk. As soon as the opportunity presented itself I got into the lane next to him to get the hell away. I floored it up to about 5k rpm (I was going around 35mph) and I wasn't going any faster at all. Then a few seconds later I get a knock and this happens

hyperspace-star-wars.png

The car literally hit like 65 in like .5 seconds after stalling the acceleration. When I bought the car over a year ago the dealer had the transmission rebuilt. I'm not sure if this is normal or not. I've noticed it seems like my car has trouble from shifting from the low gears to high gears.

Take it to a dealer.

There is no dipstick unfortunately. Mine tends to shift slowly sometimes too. It shifts best at WOT i find.

Take it to a dealer.

There is no dipstick unfortunately. Mine tends to shift slowly sometimes too. It shifts best at WOT i find.

I need to take it on some test runs again before I decide to burn a hole in my pocket LOL

At what mileage was the transmission replaced? Was everything replaced??

It shifts best at WOT i find.

Second.

If the dealer rebuilt it there should be a warranty on the work and parts. You may have already passed it but it's worth a shot. I think mine was a year and 12,000 miles but I forgot.

At what mileage was the transmission replaced? Was everything replaced??

Around 133kish, it's now 139k. The car lot I bought it off of had it rebuilt by the best transmission shop in town. I know this for a fact because there were receipts for it but the 1 year warranty is now up.

If I drive slowly (which I usually do) it shifts flawlessly. By slow I mean I usually keep the RPM around 3k or less. When I floor it at about 30mph, it doesn't want to accelerate quickly, then it darts off. It's weird to say the least.

Around 133kish, it's now 139k. The car lot I bought it off of had it rebuilt by the best transmission shop in town. I know this for a fact because there were receipts for it but the 1 year warranty is now up.

If I drive slowly (which I usually do) it shifts flawlessly. By slow I mean I usually keep the RPM around 3k or less. When I floor it at about 30mph, it doesn't want to accelerate quickly, then it darts off. It's weird to say the least.

Yeah mine does basically the same thing and as far as i know its original. My guess is that it has something to do with the torque converter locking and unlocking?

A tune is supposed to help. Or maybe a reflash?

Ok I have a friend with an LS and he said his does the same thing so I guess it's normal with these cars.

Yeah these cars werent meant to be driven hard like that. If you ease into the throttle then floor it you will notice it responds better.

After those initial shifts, it takes off hard. Just wish it did it off the line too.

Members online

No members online now.
Back