Slow power windows

Movie Muscle

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am slowly working my way through the "little things" in the New Mark........and discovering the in's and out's of the Gen II's..........Well more outs right now. I had my Gen ones down pat but this one comes with a new crop.

I haven't stuck my nose in the door panels yet but for some reason both my power windows are extremely slow. Some times they will not move right away when you engauge the switch . They are slower going down then up also. I did a quick search but found nothing. Are there any inherent flaws in the power windows on the 2 nd Gens? Engine rpm does not affect the speed either. The car only has 60k miles and is pretty good otherwise. I am thinking possibly just gummed up tracks that need a full service..........? I can't see both motors being toasted at once. I haven't checked for draw or anything yet. Thanks for potentially saving me some time.

try lubing the track?...used to do it on my 94...but i just keep spraying the track when ever its nice out...could be a regulator if the window is shifting could be the motor about to die on you...

try lubing the track?...used to do it on my 94...but i just keep spraying the track when ever its nice out...could be a regulator if the window is shifting could be the motor about to die on you...

+2 silicone spray is your friend

Correct chicken you have been seconded. I was over to see to see my good friend who works at the dealership and he said just silicone the tracks. Just take the can and stick the nozzle down the tracks and also lube the vertical weatherstrip and he said it will be mint. We are having a January thaw up here and it rained today, and bam they sped up due to water lubrication. The trip also paid off nice with a free blend door motor! But wait there's more! He also mentined a 98 LSC here in town that came in for service with ony 36 000 miles.........Boing I say!! Might just have to keep this in mind for future. Thanks for your help

Members online

No members online now.
Back