Slight jerk when shifting from Park to Drive, Park to Reverse

Update: The harsh shifting and jerking when putting into drive, reverse etc is still here after the PCM update.

I'm hoping my PCM isn't fried and it's just the solenoids D: does anyone know if the solenoids will throw a check engine light? DTC code?

Electrical failure of the solenoids will trigger a check engine light with codes.
Mechanical failure of the solenoids if it is not severe, will not trigger a check engine light.
Minor mechanical problems with the valve body (broken springs and so on) will not trigger a check engine light.
Partial failure of the drivers in the PCM will not trigger a check engine light either.

Electrical failure of the solenoids will trigger a check engine light with codes.
Mechanical failure of the solenoids if it is not severe, will not trigger a check engine light.
Minor mechanical problems with the valve body (broken springs and so on) will not trigger a check engine light.
Partial failure of the drivers in the PCM will not trigger a check engine light either.

Quick search online, Valve body points towards reverse, forward gears. So my problem is likely the Solenoids then?

Quick search online, Valve body points towards reverse, forward gears. So my problem is likely the Solenoids then?

If you are going into the transmission first, then you might as well do both. (No need to replace the valve body, just rebuild it. There are shift kits that are probably the least expensive way to get all the parts needed to do this.)

Update: dealership did a transmission fluid flush as I've requested. Fluid was kinda Brown but still had a red tint to it. No burnt smell!
Seems like that fixed my issue :)

Well, that's good news. Must have cleaned some gunk out of one the valves that was causing it to stick.

Just an opinion, but if you start getting some harsher shifts or the OP issue comes back, then you are looking like my 2001, the shift kit replace on the valve body did wonders. In case you didnt search my thread for tranny, what happened is the mech took it apart, inspected and saw no problems. I told him to go ahead and do all the work (valve body rebuild, replace solenoid) anyway, since the labor was there and the same, and no service had ever been done at all. When I picked up the car, he told me that the springs 'crumbled in my fingers'. That tells me that under normal wear, the springs weaken first, affecting performance, then finally break and throw codes.

Members online

No members online now.
Back