"Slammed"

97 Ivory Pearl VIII

See somethin' shiny?
Reaction score
Got a question about the air ride on my '97 Mark. I didn't drive it for three days over the weekend and it settled down on the bags a little bit, like it always does if it sits for a while. I kind of like the way it looks, a little bit lowered. Would it do any damage to turn off the air ride and drive it lowered around town? If I took it on the highway I would turn it back on. That brings up another question. Would it hurt to turn off the air ride after it was raised up like when you've had four people in the car. One of my buddies thinks it looks cool sitting kind of high.

Thanks for the input.

Contact Ray 1wykdmk8 he makes a lowering kit for around $50, you need to contact him for a price.

It lets you lower your mark and raise it with out hurting your compressor or system.

Simple installation.

mespock said:
Contact Ray 1wykdmk8 he makes a lowering kit for around $50, you need to contact him for a price.

It lets you lower your mark and raise it with out hurting your compressor or system.

Simple installation.

rays lowerin kit is just for lowering not raising(@least not yet) not a very good idea to drive it lowered but mostly for when its parked. but if you want a hieght adjuster via a switch henry has one for 100 buck oand rays is 35 but he is not making them @ the moment. someone will give henry's email addy.

i been rockin my air ride off for months trouble free lol. I guess the bags are good. I lowered mine alil bit by tricking the computer, i had it on a lift with the air ride still on. lowered the lift and the car went to the ground..then as the car rose i hit the switch to off when it got to the height i desired. I duno if its a very good idea..but it worked for me.

hotrodlincoln93 said:
i been rockin my air ride off for months trouble free lol. I guess the bags are good. I lowered mine alil bit by tricking the computer, i had it on a lift with the air ride still on. lowered the lift and the car went to the ground..then as the car rose i hit the switch to off when it got to the height i desired. I duno if its a very good idea..but it worked for me.

I've heard that you've got to be careful putting your car on a frame lift with the air ride system still on. It can cause the bags to blow because the ride height sensors get improper information. That's why the manual and the sticker in the trunk recommends shutting down the system if you have to jack the car or put it on a lift.

Members online

No members online now.
Back