Sizzled my knuckles to replace, Power Steering Pressure Switch

Dino'sLSdeuce

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
LINCOLN LS (3.9L) Power Steering Pressure Switch.JPG

2002 LINCOLN LS (3.9L/V8) Non-Sport

I was able to remove this Switch from the top-down (Engine-viewpoint). The only tools needed
(after the Air filter Assy and the Power Steering reservoir is removed) to remove/reinstall the

the actual pressure switch is a 19mm Deep-well socket and a "Stubby Ratchet". Once you dis-

connect that electrical connection, Slide the 19mm Socket (FIRST) and onto the fitting. Then

grab the 'Stubby ratchet' and connect it in place. (-OK, It may look like it's tight and not enough

room, but you won't need anymore, once you seat the ratchet onto the socket (that's already

in place). TRUST ME. Just get that socket into place and put that stubby ratchet on the socket.

NOTE:

Your not going to be able to "actually" see that switch or any portion of it (from the top down),
so your gonna have to get your fingers used to knowing what to feel for down there (for familiarity)
use the New Switch.

A YouTube video mentioned using (2) extensions -NOT NEEDED. Another video said to remove
the switch from underneath -NOT ME. Some other posts might suggest, removing other things.

You won't need a 90'degree universal-joing, extension bars, or anything to remove that switch.

But, you will have to remove the Air-Filter Housing, Reservoir, and Underneath Splash shields to

PROPERLY CLEAN AND VERIFY THE ACTUAL LOCATION OF THE LEAK AND PROBLEM PART.

IT SHOULD TAKE NO MORE THAN 20 MINUTES !! THERE IS ONE IMPORTANT THING . . .

JUST MAKE SURE YOU DO THIS JOB WHEN YOUR ENGINE IS NOT HOT.
THE SKIN ON MY KNUCKLES SIZZLED EACH TIME I HIT A HOT SPOT !!
ALSO, YOU SHOULDN'T NEED MORE THAN 2 QUARTS OF MERCON V . . .
LINCOLN LS (3.9L) Power Steering Pressure Switch.JPG

Members online

Back