Silverstar bulbs

Psychostang

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used the silverstar headlight bulbs? Are they better than stock?...(I hope!) The headlights on my 96 base model are all but useless. I literally can't see a thing with them.

Have you tried the Hoen bulbs? I ran the Silverstars in my LS for quite some time and then switched to the Hoen bulbs. They are brighter than the Silverstars. If I remember correctly the Mark VIII uses the 9005 bulb for both high and low beams. Take a look at those on my website. A lot of the LS guys are running them and really like them.

I have never heard of the Hoen bulbs....can you get them at the local auto parts store? Are they a brighter white than the silverstars??

Doug

Well, I don't want to keep changing bulbs every few months. Is there an effective HID conversion kit available for the markviii? How long do the Hoen bulbs last?

AHD said:
Well, I don't want to keep changing bulbs every few months. Is there an effective HID conversion kit available for the markviii? How long do the Hoen bulbs last?
The Hoen bulbs will last longer than the Silverstar bulbs. I had them in my car for well over a year and didn't have a problem. Also, Hoen has a good warranty on their bulbs to. You can order them from my website at www.lskoncepts.com or Hoen's website at www.hoen-usa.com. However, our pricing is the same but my shipping costs are lower than theirs. I get my bulbs directly from Hoen. I'm a distributor for them.

Havent tried the heon bulbs but have had silverstars in my mustang and didnt think they where all that great! The plain blue bulbs from wal-mart where brighter and lasted longer! I have some insane half gold half blue bulbs in my LS that are alot brighter then stock and have a amazing goldish greenish blueish color to them. Just wanted blueish bulbs in my silver LS and the silverstars arent what i would recomend! Check out those heons the LSKoncepts page looks like they are alot better

Here is a quote from Max at Five Star Ford of your only useable options.

The 93-96 use the same style headlights. The HID is $764.57 and LVC cost is $550.49 EACH side. You will have to find a place to mount the ballasts. You can also buy New 93-95 reg headlights for $257.00 and your cost $192.75 each. I sell and keep plenty of each in stock. A new reg headlight will seem very bright compared with what you now have!
Max

LVC Gold membership only cost's $30 I think.

Tried them, no improvement.

The problems come from the reflector in the headlamp housing being ruined, so different light sources won't have any real effect.
The Headlamp housing needs to be repaired (haven't seen anyone able to do that yet), or replaced $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

CAUTION...

GHETTO OPTIONS:

Use your brights all the time, just aim the headlights down some. (I do this.)

Another is to put fog/driving lights behind the grill on a toggle switch. Now you can call these your bright's. (I also do this, notice a pattern?)

Total cost $ < 50

Members online

No members online now.
Back