Silver or Black?

My LS is silver and it's pearly so it hides flaws and dirt pretty well. If you're like me and lazy when it comes to washing the exterior, go for silver (even though I prefer the black color.)

Seems high for a base '06....... Maybe worth ~$10k tops, IMHO....

It seems mostly in line with what I've seen here in Michigan, though I've only been looking for a month or so. I'm sure I could get it down to ten anyway since I'm paying cash I would think. What upgrades is it missing? Its really hard to figure out what's what with these LSs. I know its the V8 and has select shift so its a sport right?

IIRC, (And it hasn't already been stated) Michigan is one of the states that uses the most salt on their roads.. You might want to look at buying a car from further south. If you end up keeping this vehicle as your daily driver for awhile, the extra 6 years of salt free roads before you got it may be helpful.

As for color, go black. Nothing looks better than a clean black car.

my opinion:

Silver looks pretty sharp. As you stated it contrasts well. The biggest advantage though is basically that it is the lowest maintenance of all the colors. Take really deep scratches to be noticeable and water spots/dust dont show until there's a really thick coat.

Black on the other hand is the best looking. Nothing is more striking than a clean black car. It's also on the opposite end of the maintenance spectrum requiring by far the most thorough cleaning regimen. Swirl marks show up easily and plentifully and water spots as well as dust are instantly noticeable. Also if you do a rush job with cleaning it wax residue or other oily substances make themselves very apparent.

Your decision in the end. Black if you're willing to dedicate to keep it clean, silver if you want a happy medium of attractiveness and maintenance time invested.

This

Almost any car looks best in black but if your not diligent on keeping it clean then go for silver.

From a fellow Michigander to another, as mentioned before black if you keep it looking good, silver if you tend to get a little lazy.

Personally I'd go for the black because when it's at it's best, it's probably one of my favorit things to look at. I'm my cars biggest critic, when the thing is dirty (salt, mud, waters spots) I'll be the first to tell you it looks like :q:q:q:q.

The last time I checked there were quite a few in Southeast Michigan to choose from. That silver one that was listen in Ann Arbor is pretty tempting, although it's not an '06, it's an LSE with ridiculously low miles.

If you go for silver, then grab a Silver Birch(JP). It gives the LS a "serious business" look throughout the night(check out my profile pic to get an idea of what I'm talking about). On a cloudy day, it will look badass. On a normal day, it will have some blue tones and at dusk, will have a purple hue. Still this is a tough choice because a clean black car looks amazing during the day, but at night, they're nothing special. I'm also debating the color of my next LS, and it's definitely between black, silver birch(again), or pearl white.

If you go for silver, then grab a Silver Birch(JP). It gives the LS a "serious business" look throughout the night(check out my profile pic to get an idea of what I'm talking about). On a cloudy day, it will look badass. On a normal day, it will have some blue tones and at dusk, will have a purple hue. Still this is a tough choice because a clean black car looks amazing during the day, but at night, they're nothing special. I'm also debating the color of my next LS, and it's definitely between black, silver birch(again), or pearl white.

hile I have never seemed to notice blue or purple tones on my car I do like Silver Birch. It seems a little deeper then most silvers you see.

Members online

Back