Silly things I wish the LS had

Only if I can do a test run on someone else's car first. Too bad I don't have the 00 anymore.

Not really new options but...

1. All LSs should have the LSE bumper. I get that they wanted the LSE and stock LS to look different, but the LSE bumper looks so much better they just shoulda used it on every car.
2. I think some LSs have rear heated seats but it seems there are very few.
3. Speakers (especially rears) in different place
4. Better headrests - maybe it's just me and I sit like a hood, but no matter how I adjust my seat it never seems my head naturally rests against the head rest unless I sit in a really uncomfortable position.
5. Less plastic.
6. Keypad on the pillar although I don't hate where it is now.
7. Bigger exhaust tips - I replaced mine and my mechanic even said it's pretty crazy how huge the cutouts are on the gen 2's

2). I have them. I didn't know until my daughter pointed it out.
3). They aren't head RESTS, they are head RESTRAINTS; there to prevent whiplash in a crash.
5). Plastic saves weight.

You guys do know that all this would push the sticker on an '06 to over $50K, right?

now what would a Lincoln owner need to be under there for?

I'm surprised that there is even a lever to pop the hood.
e

Lmao, well the LS's unmatched reliability surely doesn't leave us working on them into the wee hours of the mornin! :rolleyes:. So the lights are necessary to show off cool new engine mods........ at night! :D
And concerning the hood lever, they give you more room to pull the latch than on the Broncos. So I can't complain.

well I have a junk door you can play with

I just wish the stupid map pocket in the side of the door was big enough to put a fold-up umbrella in. The smallest one I can find is still like 2" too long. That would be the perfect place to keep it since nothing else is ever in there (for me).

LOL...you should mod an umbrella into the driver door like the maybachs...

I just wish the stupid map pocket in the side of the door was big enough to put a fold-up umbrella in. The smallest one I can find is still like 2" too long. That would be the perfect place to keep it since nothing else is ever in there (for me).

Agreed. I only have my cd player hard case and a travel size hand sanitizer there.

I don't own an umbrella so I don't think i would attempt the mod my self

It's somewhat of a necessity here. It goes from bright and sunny to someone pouring a 5-gallon bucket of water on your head then back to bright and sunny. Sometimes the sun just stays out the whole time.

Another thing i like about the Bently (aside from everything) is the little mats that fold out of the trunk and all four doors to keep from scratching the paint on the trunk and to keep the door sills nice and clean! That would be an easy mod to do........... hmmmm!

Modern auto's can shift faster than a manual but agreed theres something about manually controlling the rpms that makes it more fun to drive.

Last edited:
I was going to say gun rack but I wouldn't want to see the LS that was taken out for a hunt or something but I google searched it and pictures of my lower control arm bushings popped up. Completely random and not practical at all.

Modern auto's can shift faster than a manual but agreed theres something about manually controlling the rpms that makes it more fun to drive.

If the torque converter would stay locked up then they would have the feel too! Unfortunately when you let off, if the RPM's aren't above 2500 or so, the torque converter unlocks and you get that sloppy mushbox transmission feel. At least the sport shift in the LS will hold gears and down/up shift when you tell it to (more or less). That's better then most of the other automatics out there. Almost everything else that has a "gear shifter" automatic is more of a suggestion then a command at what you want the tranny to do.

The trans setup in my 06 is one of the best feeling automatics I've ever driven.

I just wish the stupid map pocket in the side of the door was big enough to put a fold-up umbrella in.

i just have one small one right under each front seat, there is kinda of a dip there that keeps them there, and its even better because it is out of sight

Yes, and they stopped doing any real updates two years before that.

I've driven cars with push button start. The only benefit that I saw was that you can just leave your "key" in your pocket all the time. You have to admit that it's sort of neat to just walk up to the car and have it unlock when you touch the handle. No need to fumble with the remote.

agree. my buddies aunt bought a 2011 charger (ya i know eveyone has one) but it is pretty sick that the car will never lock if you accidentally leave ur keys in there. and if you walk up to the car with it in your hand the doors just unlock when u grab the handle.

agree. my buddies aunt bought a 2011 charger (ya i know eveyone has one) but it is pretty sick that the car will never lock if you accidentally leave ur keys in there. and if you walk up to the car with it in your hand the doors just unlock when u grab the handle.

I will have this mod done by spring....hopefully....NO MORE KEYS FOR THE LS!!!!

Members online

Back