Sifrino: Oil Leak, Trans Slips, Very Nervous. . .

Sifrino3

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Oil Leaking, why you may ask. You are saying. They are old, mine is leaking. Well, I got pretty much all my gaskets changed. So, I had no leaks. But it seems to be coming from the front of the engine out of the oil pan. Although there must be 1k on the gasket. (If that.) It started leaking after the big 28 runs down the track. After I was done racing. I had to get some gas. Before leaving Phx. When I noticed it leaking. Well, I looked under the car and on the sway bar. It had drips on it. So, it has been leaking since Dec 16th. But yet it still reads full. Its now Jan 16th.

Trans Slips, some of you already know this. But know it seems like it shifting into gears all f'ed up! maybe the trans is making this a bigger problem then it really is. I can WOT it and it feels normal. But when I just drive it. (As normal as I can.) It starts to show. I could have swore it was leaking between the engine and tranny. But doesn't look like it anymore. So, yeah. . .

This month is the time to change Sifrino's oil. Every three months. December was a busy month. Had to get close to putting 500-600 miles on her! Hahaha Im very nervous what the oil may look like or the magnetic drain pugs. Or where the oil leak may be coming from. I would hate to drop in a new T5Z tranny into Sifrino if the engine isn't up to par. I wouldn't mind a new engine. I would like to stay with the 302. Any ideas. . .

Heres the update, im driving Sifrino all day. Man I hate the brakes!

You changed the front and rear main seals? Are you sure? Make sure it isn't leaking out of the oil pressure switch as well.

Yeah, I re did my work. Got better gaskets to. Checker instead of Autorice. I havnt looked under the car yet. But I think its all good. I really want to yank the motor out. I think I got a blown head gasket. I dunno, I seen a little crap coming from the head/block inside the intake. Not bad, but im sure its not good!

Leaking oil or ATF? you could have blown front pump seal or blown rear main seal - both you have to drop the trany.

SilverFox said:
Leaking oil or ATF? you could have blown front pump seal or blown rear main seal - both you have to drop the trany.

The only way the tranny is being droped is if im swaping in a T5 with a new motor. So, it will have to wait. But anyways, I think it was just leaking from the lower manifold. Because I havnt seen a drop since. Which is great! Hopefully it will last. . .

Members online

No members online now.
Back