Side Mirror Smashed

tlaprade

LVC Member
Reaction score
My side mirror got smashed, looks like someone punched it or something. The glass is shattered. Is it possible to replace just the glass, or do I have to purchase a whole new mirror?

tlaprade said:
My side mirror got smashed, looks like someone punched it or something. The glass is shattered. Is it possible to replace just the glass, or do I have to purchase a whole new mirror?

Do not take my word for it, but I think you are s*** out of luck on that one. Someone once told me that because the mirror has a heater or defroster that you have to get the whole set up.

2001 Lincoln LS V8 Sport at

www.cardomain.com/ride/2069704/1

The mirror glass shows up on ebay every now and again. Try Bill Jenkins @ www.teamfordlv.com. He'll be able to hook you up. He also posts here under (IIRC) Team Ford.

smashed side mirror

jk52781 said:
Do not take my word for it, but I think you are s*** out of luck on that one. Someone once told me that because the mirror has a heater or defroster that you have to get the whole set up.

2001 Lincoln LS V8 Sport at

www.cardomain.com/ride/2069704/1

My car is an '02 non-sport. I don't think it has the heater/defroster.

Heater/defroster

Is there a button on the dash to turn on/off the heater/defroster?

the side mirrors defrost when the rear defrost switch is on. also, the glass will be here tomorrow, as my fl warehouse didn't have it. just let me know when you want to attempt this.

Here is the listing straight from the catalog. The prices you see listed are MSRP and not your final LVC price.

17k707 (Medium).jpg

Members online

Back