side exhaust? customization

mont

LVC Member
Reaction score
A few days ago I got in contact with an old friend who did alot of work on my dads cars a few years ago, so we got to talking and he threw out some ideas to help customize the LS. One of his ideas was going with a side exhaust instead of the typical catback.
113_68678_Small_Cactus_Jack+Roush_Stage_III_Mustang+Side_Exhaust_View.jpg

After thinking about it I figure it would probably look pretty nice, and I can't say I have ever seen it before. Just looking for some opinions or pictures if its actually been done before. And if you have any other ideas you might want to see done let me know I can get it all for a good price :D

Ground clearance would be tight! But in general I love side exit, I have it on my camino. It is obnoxious and right in the ear of traffic (pisses off the little old ladies). LOL
I think its a cool idea but better suited for a true muscle car with some more clearance. I believe you would have to either dimple the pipe or go with something oval to make it fit. Also it would have to exit past the passenger compartment to be street legal. Can't really have folks passin out at the wheel or in the backseat.

5.7sbc said:
Also it would have to exit past the passenger compartment to be street legal. Can't really have folks passin out at the wheel or in the backseat.

That's 100% right, and what is right behind the passenger door? The wheel.. and what's behind the wheel? The already existing exhaust. :( :( :(

This was something that I looked into as wheel.. Thinking that side exhausts would be SWEEEEEET lookin.. But that's the answer. Sorry to bring bad news

Members online

No members online now.
Back