sid grubbs Mark v111 suspension conversion

sid grubbs

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
How does your Lincoln Ride after a 4 wheel conversion to STRUTS & COILS. I HAVE A CHERRY 1995 with 41000 on it never been in weather. But I know SOONER OR LATER THAT "STUPID" AIR RIDE BAG DEAL of FORD'S is gonna GO. I love the car. I have other vehicles and just use the Lincoln for special things. Really I'm a GM guy as we have a FLEET of 23 Custom ice cream trucks ALL CHEVYS. So parts wise there's two Chevy dealers that "love" me. With FORD I GOT NOT LEVERAGE WHEN BUYING PARTS. Also the other thing that I don't like is AN ELECTRIC COOLING FAN. "STUPID" They go out on a trip or sunday 100's of miles from home OR in the middle of NOWHERE. You can carry an extra SERPENTINE BELT. Anyway how's the CONVERSIONS WORK OUT RIDE WISE??

They work well. If you have the money, I would go for replacing the air when it goes though, especially with such low miles. You can find bags, compressors etc. online for decent prices. If you do go for the conversion, they have the normal and the 1.5" lowered version.

You honestly prefer belt driven fan? Never had a problem with mine, and it has 13x,xxx miles on it.

I'm just going to point this out... the vast majority of newer autos run an electric cooling fan... and don't forget with a mechanical fan... you've got a fan clutch which can expire.

Electric fans are every bit as reliable (provided it isn't some aftermarket no-name junk), give better gas mileage and better SAE HP.

Anyway... I know nothing of the coil conversion

How does your Lincoln Ride after a 4 wheel conversion to STRUTS & COILS. I HAVE A CHERRY 1995 with 41000 on it never been in weather. But I know SOONER OR LATER THAT "STUPID" AIR RIDE BAG DEAL of FORD'S is gonna GO. I love the car. I have other vehicles and just use the Lincoln for special things. Really I'm a GM guy as we have a FLEET of 23 Custom ice cream trucks ALL CHEVYS. So parts wise there's two Chevy dealers that "love" me. With FORD I GOT NOT LEVERAGE WHEN BUYING PARTS. Also the other thing that I don't like is AN ELECTRIC COOLING FAN. "STUPID" They go out on a trip or sunday 100's of miles from home OR in the middle of NOWHERE. You can carry an extra SERPENTINE BELT. Anyway how's the CONVERSIONS WORK OUT RIDE WISE??

Sid-

Don't be foolish. There are alot of high milage Mark Vllls around here that have repaired air rides, and they can last well over 100,000 mikes before serviceing. They don't need to go to the Dealer either, just a little common sense , average skill, and simple hand tools. For $500 in parts you can get a rebuilt compressor and all new Air Springs, and have the ride the car was designed around

Electric fans have been inuse for our vehicles for number of years now so I would not get yourself all worried aout them. The have a very reliable record, and you will have plenty of for warning before their demise in operation. Do you realize that during highway driving it usually is off.

Keep the air ride.

Why are are you worried about the fan? Almost every new car uses electric fan, some cars even have electric water pumps from the factory.

SID GRUBBS aka THEMOJOMAN (reg.ustm)

Why did you buy a Mark VIII?

Love the LOOK,, NOTHING ELSE LIKE IT OUT THERE. ALMOST BOUGHT A CADDY ALLANTE few years back. Guy died,,widow let it set around,,I dilly dallied and let it slip thru my fingers. RED CONV. That front wheel drive BUGGED ME on that car,,PARTS LATER ON DOWN THE ROAD. My MARK is PEARL. IT'S NOT A DAILY DRIVER,,only time it's been wet is if I'm caught out in it. I had a 85 buick riviera,,few years back,CHERRY,,MAN EVERYBODY wanted THAT CAR. MAROON with WHITE VINYL ROOF. I put a THIRD BRAKE LITE IN THAT CAR "REAL" EARLY. I ACTUALLY GOT PULLED OVER ON THE N.Y. TURNPIKE BY A TROOPER JUST TO ASK ME IF THAT LITE "CAME ON THE CAR"? WE WERE GOING INTO A PLAZA,HE WAS BEHIND ME AND HE HIT HIS SIREN JUST AS I PARKED AND CAME UP AND ASK ME THAT. THANX for caring. THEMOJOMAN.COM (MY WEB PAGE)

are you havin problems with you air ride if so I would fix it it lasted 13 years
that doesnt sound to bad to me
also did you know that the clutch will go out on a fan too a belt wont fix that

You guys that have the coils, 1.5" lowered, how often do you scrape stuff?

Members online

Back