Should I paint my grill? Pshop before/after

Archer28

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Seriously thinking about painting my grill. I would probably just use spray from paintscratch, but I'm a bit worried about the durability.

Anyone who's painted theirs please feel free to chime in and let me know how your paint has lasted and held up.

Before and after (photoshop) below.
Stock:
stockfront.jpg

Painted grill:
paintfront.jpg

Painted grill and chin:
paintfrontbottom.jpg

I like the monochrome look so id say get an LSE Grill if you can, and if you dont want that i like the look even with the stock grill.

If you paint the grill i would paint the eyelids also.

I recommend the 04 LSE grill but if you dont want the chrome water fall stick with the second one but just paint the flat grey/black water fall a semi gloss black that would tie into the headlights a little better

if u decide to do it which i think you should. I highly recomend getting it done professionally. Got mine done for 40 that way u know its preped and painted the right way. Its hard to get paint to stick to the chrome.

Thanks for the replies all. I actually don't have the eyelids on right now. They were only vinyl decals and I can print all I want, just can't find a vinyl that matches the paint. I'm considering getting a set cut on a cnc machine that I have access to, but I'm not sure what to get them cut from.

I teach at a vocational school and I can get our auto body shop to do the painting, but I would have to supply the paint. Problem is I can only find it in sprayable cans for around $80. Add other materials like primer and I'm afraid I'm getting close to an LSE grill.

I actually like the red combined with the black. However, if you decide to put the eyelids on in the future, definately make sure that you have them painted to match.

Archer28 said:
I teach at a vocational school and I can get our auto body shop to do the painting, but I would have to supply the paint. Problem is I can only find it in sprayable cans for around $80. Add other materials like primer and I'm afraid I'm getting close to an LSE grill.
Try Paintscratch.com ( http://www.paintscratch.com/ ). You can get a 2oz. bottle of the basecoat for $17.95, plus they have the clearcoat and primer, and they work with you to get a color match.

I like the one with painted surround better, you should also get your rear license surround painted with it.

PaulJK said:
i think I like this one better :)
Heh, I'll have to pass on that one Paul!
I'm going to take a peek at Walmart and see if the carry the duplicolor in vivid red. Their website shows a match for my car.
I'll have to experiment with primer colors. I'm guessing grey or black. I noticed that advance auto sells the adhesion promoter for surfaces like the plastic chrome.
I haven't had any luck finding flexible primer though (not sure if I really need it).

Archer28 said:
I noticed that advance auto sells the adhesion promoter for surfaces like the plastic chrome.
I haven't had any luck finding flexible primer though (not sure if I really need it).
www.paintscratch.com. They even have packages with the basecoat, clearcoat, and primer for painting plastic...

Paint the whole grill red. I had mine painted all black and it looked sweet and I switch them out from time to time from the LSE grill to the all black

paintfrontbottom.jpg

I like this one better since it makes an uniform look with the eyelids

Members online

No members online now.
Back