should i have both sides done?

kpsouljah

LVC Member
Reaction score
2002 lincoln ls v6 i had my engine detonate on me i got a scrap engine and got all the necessary work that needed to be done on it finished like vcg'z, plugs, thermostat but never thought i would need coils because i thought they would be taking my coils from old engine and putting on this one but they didn't shorely behold my engine after being fired up started sputtering told them right away i need coils there like no it's not getting enough fuel so we changed fuel filter. the performance of engine wasn't as bad as before then he took it on the highway came back and there was sputtering just say no problems wat so ever then im driving it in the night come to stop at a red light it's begins to sputter like a bitch. now the engine light is on now so i drive it to the shop nex morning i go there n they like o i have a misfire in cylinders 123 i am like wow coils right there like yes u were rite but they open the engine to c if there was any damage n they found that one of my cylinders or valves are not pumping properly so now they are servicing that one side of the engine and i was wondering if i should go ahead n get the other side done to n if i dont would this have any affect on the performance of my car?

check both sides if they are already doing engine work on your car anyway. it can save you problems down the line.

If you can swing it, you might as well do both sides. The COPs don't seem to be nearly as much of a problem on the V6es as on the V8s, but if you've gone to the trouble of replacing the engine, you might as well use as many known good (well, relatively speaking ;) ) parts as possible.

I know one side has a reputation as being a real bear to change, but I don't know if it's the driver's or passenger's side on the V6. Cylinders 1-3 are on the driver's side, FWIW.

Members online

No members online now.
Back