Should I fix the air ride / install coilovers before selling?

nye307

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a very clean 93 Mark VIII. Not concourse but dang nice. If you play Ace of Base loud enough while driving it you can actually taste the year 1993. Sadly, I am actively trying to sell it.

The only issue with the car is the front air ride drops down over night. I'm conflicted on what to do. My best guess is the car will continue to drive fine for at least a year before something *needs* to be done about it. But I'm not trying to be that guy who sells someone a car with issues.

I assume that if I sell to an enthusiast they will want the air ride and it would be better to fix the air ride. However, I've owned multiple vehicles with pneumatic suspension before and I know that it's always something. There's just a lot of parts that can break. So if I were to sell to just an average person who wants a reliable car I'm better off installing coilovers.

I'm tempted to just do the coilovers and be done with it. But my big question is, how is the ride? Does it still feel like a luxo-boat? What would you guys do in this situation?

Let the new owner decide. If that is totally neat then it doesn't matter. We just put new air aide kit and toyo tires on our DD and it drives smoothly.

Members online

No members online now.
Back