should i buy or should i pass?

CFH

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
hey im about to buy an 88' Mark 7 with a 5.0 engine for about 1500, thers quite a bit wrong with it, most of the pipes need to be replaced sooner or later, and just tuns more, the guy im getting it from got hit from behind screwing up his hydrolics pretty bad, everything got pushed up under the hood, and the car is off balance but everything else works inside, and its a bumpy ride on bumpy roads, my main concern right now is the ehaust has a hole in the front, when i start up the car it comes out of the pipes, but once i park it the exhaust come out of the front hole, and it makes kind of a blowing sound, so i dont know weather to fix it or not buy it? i was thinking maybe i can somehow fix the exhaust myself and just learn how to fix everything else myself throughout the years?

Sounds like too much work and too much money for the car. 1500? Offer him 500 bucks, if you can get it for that, go for it, but otherwise, pass.

Suspension is trash, the body is damaged, and the exhaust is toast and he wants $1500? Pass on it dude. I bought an 88 M7 Bill Blass in similar condition for $200 for the engine only and I thought that fair.

buy my 90' LSC SE for 1500. All mine needs is the front air ride converted or a leak fixed. Jus a thought lol

well i didnt mention that it only has 100'000 miles on it, but :q:q:q:q i dunno i wanna get carfax but i only need this car for about a year, and does anyone know any web sites that coudl help me fix it up or something?

If its wrecked 1500 is a bit much and unless your going to buy it for a restoration project ( just got to have ) and your a real experienced mechanic -- I would stay away from it -- last year I got a 91 for 800 with bad suspension and lots of electronics problems -- but the rest of the car was in geat shape -- in working suspension problems I discovered that it had been wrecked in
left front -- Wiring got damaged and repair shop had just fixed sheet metal /paint
so it was ate up with electronic bad -- wound up rewiring most of the eng / front
harness --- The real problem becomes parts availibility and the price when you can find them --- There are several cars for sale on E-BAy that look pretty fine --check it out -- Good Luck

Buy m7 with the color and interior you want......the rest can be fixed. That is my moto.

I would have to say pass since it needs that much work. Got my 90 MK 7 off ebay for $400 and it only needed front rotors and some other minor work with the air suspension working fine with only 100K on it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back