Should I buy? Need your help

dpapagolos

LVC Member
Reaction score
Looking at on 02 LS8 loaded Chrome rims alpine, lse package with 120000 on it. this car was babied and serviced at every hiccup. I lnow cause it is a family members ride. He is Anal, which is good. Looking to find out if I should buy it and what the price should be.
I really need your help I love the car but worry about the mileage, and have no idea what to pay him.
Thanks in advance.
Dan
Soon to be LS Lover

I would never sell/buy a car to/from family or friend. Even a great deal isn't worth the possibility of bad feelings.

That said, the LS with that mileage will likely have some issues. The repairs are fairly expensive. Even if you do everything yourself, the parts are expensive. Most are "dealer only" parts. So possibilities for discounts are limited.

Some things are almost guaranteed to go wrong. Below is a short list of common problems. (Not all LS's have these issues, but these crop up on here often.)
  1. power windows regulators
  2. sway bar or other front end busings
  3. Coil-On-Plug failures causing misfires
  4. wheel bearings
  5. transmission problems
  6. airbag error light problems (usually one of two connectors)

The community here is a wealth of knowledge and can help you diagnose and help with parts and repair procedures, so that is a valuable asset that you need to factor in when looking at possible problems you may have.

Now even after all that, I'd have to say that I love my LS. It is a real pleasure to drive. I'm proud I own it and I think it looks/drives/rides great.

An '02 with 120K on the clock?

No thanks....my '03 has 20K

Well if it's an LSE and in really good shape (although 120k miles) it might be about $8-9Gs. What color is it? If it's a real LSE should be only sivler or black. Most of the LSs with that high miles had most of the listed (Mharrison's post) taken care of. I say if the car rides good, it's quite, no leaks, no loose steering, no hesitation in the tranny or in the engine then buy it.

Must not be lse It is White and chrome rims, think just lse body kit from the dealer, spoiler, grill dual exhaust with dual tips. Everything has been taken care of if needed valve cover gaskets to COP. etc.. no hesitation tranny good, think I am gonna pay $7800
Thanks

Sure then can you tell me what to pay
Thanks

Visit my gallery I posted a few pic they are dark it is night time I will take new ones in the daylight
View My Photo Gallery

The rear bumper needs to be the sport one, without the chrome piece, the mud flaps gotta go. The spoiler is a mess. The rest looks like ok. I think around $7k.

I would offer him about $6000 for it. Look around for LS's that have 120k and you can get them for about $6000 or $7000. If I were you I would just keep my options open. If you are willing to pay $7800 for a car, keep looking, you can get one with lower miles than 120k. Just my opinion.

Members online

No members online now.
Back