Should HID's in fogs be plug and play?

camthman

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I got the 9005 hids from umitza and I cant get them to work. I plug them in and nothing happens. I tried them on my buddies m3 fogs and they worked fine.... whats the deal?

I got the 9005 hids from umitza and I cant get them to work. I plug them in and nothing happens. I tried them on my buddies m3 fogs and they worked fine.... whats the deal?

If your refering to the $125 kit There is a thread about it and from what Ive read ther were several problems with them.

Well I think I found my problem. I was told by many people on LVC that I needed 9005 for my 03 LSE bumper. But I guess I need H11. I hope umnitza has a good exhange policy.... :(

yeah, your car needed the H11's (I know it's obvious to you now) but i only found out when ken mentioned it a while ago

I put 9005 bulbs in my gen 1 fogs... no idea what's in the gen 2's, but apparently they are H11. When I plugged mine in the first time, they didn't work. I checked over everything... i couldn't find anything wrong. I reversed the plug, and it now works fine.

Yes they are plug and play, I have the Umnitza kit running my fog lamps and they fired up on the first try. Make sure all the ballast and HID light plugs/connectors go to ballast and HID light plugs/connectors, not to the car harness. The two left over small pins need to go into the the wiring harness plug in the car. I noticed people were trying to hook them up backwards in the other thread.

I had the same problem a week ago. I bought the analog ballast kit which was a 135 dollars. I plugged it in switched the plugs around even held all the plugs tighter and together with my hands and they still didn't work. I think they were the wrong bulb size but, they swear they weren't. The only thing I dislike about there return policy though is you have to pay to ship it back to them. Other then that though the shipping was fast and the responses were fast via email. He is sending me another kit as soon as he gets mine though. Good luck.

I had the same problem a week ago. I bought the analog ballast kit which was a 135 dollars. I plugged it in switched the plugs around even held all the plugs tighter and together with my hands and they still didn't work. I think they were the wrong bulb size but, they swear they weren't. The only thing I dislike about there return policy though is you have to pay to ship it back to them. Other then that though the shipping was fast and the responses were fast via email. He is sending me another kit as soon as he gets mine though. Good luck.

hah.... looks like we have the same problem.. lol. Well. Umnitza is like 45 mins away from me soo.. Thats good.

Members online

Back