Shop!!!!!

Do I have somthing coming to me from my dealership?

• Total voters

John_P007

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok how about my car (03' LS V8 sport) has been at Lincoln (Pride Lincoln in MA.) for 15 days now. My roof liner has been sagging at the break light since I have gotten the car. I had brought it back 5 other times for them to velcro and stick the roof on w/out any luck. So the finaly got me a new liner and told me to come in a few wed.'s ago. I go in and of course they didn't have my appointment (even though they are the ones that called me and set it up) so I could not get a loaner car. Well a few hours later they call me out of the waiting room to tell me they had to put me into a rent-a-car. I said ok is it going to be a few hours? and they said no about a week... I was like WHAT? and they said they had to cut my roof liner apart because of curtin airbags and they then found out they ordered the wrong liner, well they didn't have a car for me so they sent me to a rent-a-car place and they didn't have a car so I had to wait there for 4 hours so they put me into a trailblazer 05'.

Call tuesday to see if I was going to be able to pick up my car wed. and they told me that he saw the liner be delievered and I should be fine for wed. Call, wed and they said they had to waite for a part and maybe that night I would be able to get it (I also have been hearing a noise in my steering wheel when it retract's asked them to look at it (6 times have had problems w/steering wheel noise) so asked them if they got to look at that since they had it for a week, said he didn't know. OK called back thursday and of course not ready yet. So now I am getting pissed because they are not letting me know anything. So I called and asked for a manager and told him that this is getting out of control... he said he would call me back. He said everyting was in but they where getting a air bag light that wouldn't go off so they where still trying to fix it. Well that night I get a call from the Service sup. and he said he was real sorry and that they think that there was some part in my steering wheel that was faulty and that was what was causing my light to stay on and he overnighted the part should be here and done next day. Get a call that they broke some weather strip or molding or something and that he had to overnight that and should take 20 min to put in. Well called today (03/02) and he said that because of the snow he still didn't get the part but might be here tonight or early tomorrow and they would call me.

NOW DO I HAVE SOME COMP. DO TO ME? What do I ask for if I do? I mean I think 15 days (and going) is out of control for a roof liner that they I had them fix (now 6th or 7th time) I know they have me in a car but do I have anything else coming to me? I called Lincoln last week and they suck, they told me there was nothing they could do and they don't know why I just don't use an other dealership, but they would pass my complaint along and I should here from Pride (which I didn't untill I called and they didn't say anything) WHAT DO I DO???

smoke a doobie..... (im not kidding around). It sucks. I feel ur pain

Ya know what? I'd just be damn happy that they get the problem fixed. I do all my work myself, even major. If I can't fix the problem, or I don't have the tooling, I take it to a garage that I have a personal relationship with, and if that doesn't work, I take it to the one dealership where my buddy works. I kinda live in the sticks so it might be easier to do this, than living in the city. My best advice would be to start poking around at local garages and see if you can find one that's professional.

As for your problem, yeah, 15 days is a lot, but you don't have the out of pocket expense of the rental, right? Don't forget the shop guys usually have an idiot for a boss, that most of the time is worried more about bottom line than getting the jpb done right. I think most bosses get promoted because they caused more problems being a mechanic and it was cheaper to pay him more as a salary, than to refix his work all the time. Sorry... I have a hard on for bosses that know less than I do...

My Car is still under factory Warrenty, so I would want to go to Lincoln. My point is that every time I take my car to the dealership it is for the same things over and over again, they are not major problems but they are problems that are covered. For example with my steering wheel it was making a noise and every time I brought it to my dealership they said it was fine, I finally brought it to an other dealership and they said there was a recall on some fluid and they had to drain and replace w/the new fluid and it fixed the problem, now why didn't my dealership know of this? Finaly this time when I said it was making a noise (different noise it is coming from inside when the wheel retracts when you turn the car off) and they said about the recall of the fluid and it was all set, as soon as I turned off my car it happened again it never was even looked at now they are saying that there is something wrong w/my steering because of the air bag light and that might be why I was getting a noise.... I have had a Lexus and an Infiniti which where both under warrenty and they where GREAT, especially Infiniti, you get anything done you get a full was and vac. of your car, you get anything done for what time it takes if you need a loaner car you get it. Lincoln does NOTHING, you get a loaner but it has to be a certian amount of time...

You need to find another dealership, send a letter to Lincoln and state just what you did above. The only way these clowns will get the message is to cost them money. Bad press is as good as money lost. You make enough noise, and corporate will rain hell fire on your dealership, things may change, if you even go there anymore.

kleetus said:
You need to find another dealership, send a letter to Lincoln and state just what you did above. The only way these clowns will get the message is to cost them money. Bad press is as good as money lost. You make enough noise, and corporate will rain hell fire on your dealership, things may change, if you even go there anymore.

BINGO!!! I put up with the same incompetence at one dealer then I moved across town. Moving turned out to be the best thing that ever happened to me. I found a closer dealer and met a local repair shop owner and depending on the tools or level of difficulty I do as you do. Try to fix it myself first, hit the local shop and he says he can't do it I go to the dealer.

My liner has done the same thing. They have tried fixing it about 5 times so far with no luck, said they were going to order a new one for me.

Black03 said:
My liner has done the same thing. They have tried fixing it about 5 times so far with no luck, said they were going to order a new one for me.

good grief. I know it doesn't leave a warm and fuzzy feeling with me to know they are getting their butts kicked by a headliner. I had to give my LS up for over 90days straight so they could figure out and fix this shutdown problem I was having. I can understand somehing technical taking so long but the headliner just seems so inert when compared to all the things that can go wrong. You guys have my sympathy.

Sorry my problem isn't as big as yours, but it is a problem and u pay all that money for a car and it shouldn't be that way...

Ok got the call that my car was all set (16 days later) and I notice that the roof is still sagging at the break light, I shut the car off and the wheel is still making the noise when it goes back, so now I'm pissed I get out of my car that is in the dealership parking lot and go get the guy and he tries to tell me that is normal and to bring the car back into the shop so I could look to see if it is the same as an other LS. While driving into the shop I notice that my compus is not working and then I try the sun roof, NOPE, and then the vanity lights NOTHING..... NOW I'm really pissed. They come look at fuses nothing, so he asked me if I want to take it home and bring it back saturday, NOPE, I already brought back the rent-a-car (cost to lincoln $645.00) so he put me into a new LS (V6 but I can deal :) ) he told me they are cleaning out there staff and he said the kid that ordered the wrong roof and cut off my old one w/out looking and broke my molding was the same kid and he was the one that put up my new roof and he was going away tonight and said he swears that when he comes back he is fired. Also there was a big ding in my fender....
But the good news was that they washed my car :) but when they rent-a-car girl was driving me to lincoln to pick up my car I see all guys around my car and I think something is wrong but they where checking out my car and looking at my rimms :) that did make me feel good and make me miss my LS....

OK still don't have my car back, but at least they put me in a 05 LS, it's only a v6 but I love the color it is some cool blue,greenish gray or something w/wood package (only thing my car didn't have) and the factory chrome's, car does look hot..... I funny didn't think I would miss my back up warning so much but I did. This car has it (mine does to, but the rental truck didn't) and I am happy to have it back.... I can't wait to get my car back..

Members online

No members online now.
Back