Shop at Walmart?

and I "never" stop for the "loss prevention" flunkies at the door that want to "see my reciept".

SCREW THEM.

the "ONE TIME" i did stop, I told the guy.

once you check my reciept and find that I have stolen NOTHING, do you think I'm going to go outside and go home?

NO I'm going to get a refund for everything inside this shopping cart.

After I said that I asked.. would you like to follow me to the customer service counter so we can start this process?

I am completely offended by them ASSUMING that I might have stolen something....

Loss prevention is NOT performed "at the door".

These idiots WATCH me walk from the checkout counter, directly TO them.. and they want to STOP ME?

Stand up for your rights, there is NO REASON these people should be RIFLING thru your groceries.

Make them bring a manager over there, so they are not just wasting a "minimum wage" employee's time. Make a MANAGER do it.

THEN make the manager give you a refund.

They have cameras and "undercover" poeple walking thru the store and they want to stop people AT the door?

What a stupid way to treat your PAYING CUSTOMERS, while the REAL THEIVES are walking out thru the "garden center" or automotive exit where this is "no one" watching.

While I understand the aggravation of these checks, i can tell you why. A few years back here in GA, a buncha kids that worked there told their buddies to go in the store and get some 33 gallon trash cans. Then they told them to fill them up with light weight goodies and when they went through the checkout, the homos only rang out the cans. Walmart lost over 1 million dollars here in 3 stores through this scam. And to be honest, if it was my store and called joe blow cheapo mart, I'd do the same thing with all the dishonest bastard employees out today.

And the one other thing I love about WalMart, is the lack of a union. That in itself lowers the overall prices because they don't have to pay everyone $25 and hour. My personal belief in unions is, if they elect to start a union, fire every one of the bastards and hire a new staff.:D

And the one other thing I love about WalMart, is the lack of a union. That in itself lowers the overall prices because they don't have to pay everyone $25 and hour. My personal belief in unions is, if they elect to start a union, fire every one of the bastards and hire a new staff.:D

I agree, unions have ruined this economy.
I think it is against the law to fire people because they are trying to get a union in their place of employment.
Bob.

I agree, unions have ruined this economy.
I think it is against the law to fire people because they are trying to get a union in their place of employment.
Bob.

No, but it's legal, and often inevitable, to be forced to shut your doors.

Because unions did allot great things for the airlines and auto industry.........NOT!

Back when unions first started they were a great thing and did a lot of great work, these days there full of corrupt and immoral people. A union is just a business for someone else. I have been forcefully told to join a union otherwise my job would be in jeopardy, needless to say I never paid them a cent.

I believe in equality having good pay and fair benefits, what I don’t like is stuffing someone else pockets so they can speak for me and voice their opinion, not mine.

I sometimes go to a Wal-Mart for something cheap, because that’s all there is there is cheap. Not one quality product has ever come home with me from that store.
Just the other day I was in there picking up some food (I could care less on quality of food) and remembered I needed a filter for my furnace so I went over the isle and an “associate” asked me “can I help you find something “I replied what the most expensive filter you got?” the pimple looked at me and said “why would you want the most expensive one?” I turned around and walked out of there buying nothing.

I try to stick to the mom and pop stores; it’s worth paying a little more. Thanks Fordnut for posting that, I was thinking that when I first saw this thread. It’s a good read.

Home Depot is a last option for me also. I prefer Menards. I do miss Ace not alot of them around. I hate walking over the huge store to find one little thing when the Ace's are smaller

I don't get all the stuff about not shopping at Walmart. Don't pay attention to all the liberal hype about Walmart treating employees badly. As far as "made in China", it's everywhere. Also, what about made in Indonesia or some slave labor South American country? Unfortunately, most stuff is made outside the U.S., so it makes no sense to punish Walmart or Home Depot because they stock merchandise that's made in China. I think we should be upset at the politicians that have created the climate that has encouraged American companies to look elsewhere for manufacturing jobs.

I don't get all the stuff about not shopping at Walmart. Don't pay attention to all the liberal hype about Walmart treating employees badly. As far as "made in China", it's everywhere. Also, what about made in Indonesia or some slave labor South American country? Unfortunately, most stuff is made outside the U.S., so it makes no sense to punish Walmart or Home Depot because they stock merchandise that's made in China. I think we should be upset at the politicians that have created the climate that has encouraged American companies to look elsewhere for manufacturing jobs.
From the documentary I saw, the main complaint with Wal-Mart is not that they're selling Chinese crap, it's that they're causing US-based manufacturing operations to become economically infeasible. According to the interviews, their MO is to become the largest buyer of a product, then force the supplier to meet a price point so low that they have to move production offshore or risk bankruptcy when they lose their prime outlet. (I'm not saying that I necessarily buy that argument, just that it's the one I've heard expressed.)

We all seem to have our own names for these places, I call the dump Boxmart. My particular reasons for disliking it not already covered are the consequences to mom and pop places, the lack of stock (the shelf is the warehouse, once gone, tough crap) and the retarded staff. I may be getting a bit crotchety in my old age but I find it a bit disturbing that the ones in my area (North Phoenix) all have staff that look like they were profiled by members of the ugly socially unacceptable squad. I understand a few odd ball types and the handicapped but come on, the vast majority were selected by the ugly mutant detector. It's bizarre. I've been in some boxmarts (regrettably forced to enter at gunpoint, well maybe not gunpoint but peer pressure can be similar) that didn't exhibit this staff social unacceptability so it's just my dumb luck with my area I guess.

I'd love to support Mom and Pop places but in the realm of the department store/grocery store it's not that easy. It's easier to follow this philosophy with restaurants though, and usually more rewarding as well....

We all seem to have our own names for these places, I call the dump Boxmart. My particular reasons for disliking it not already covered are the consequences to mom and pop places, the lack of stock (the shelf is the warehouse, once gone, tough crap) and the retarded staff. I may be getting a bit crotchety in my old age but I find it a bit disturbing that the ones in my area (North Phoenix) all have staff that look like they were profiled by members of the ugly socially unacceptable squad. I understand a few odd ball types and the handicapped but come on, the vast majority were selected by the ugly mutant detector. It's bizarre. I've been in some boxmarts (regrettably forced to enter at gunpoint, well maybe not gunpoint but peer pressure can be similar) that didn't exhibit this staff social unacceptability so it's just my dumb luck with my area I guess.

I'd love to support Mom and Pop places but in the realm of the department store/grocery store it's not that easy. It's easier to follow this philosophy with restaurants though, and usually more rewarding as well....
I must admit that Walmart hires some folks that are not the most skilled or would otherwise find it difficult to find a job. I'm not sure if Walmart hires these workers because of compassion and/or the bottom line?

Anyway, the other day at my local Walmart I was leaving and there was a twenty-something-year-old black girl in front of me about to walk out the door when all of a sudden a 50-something-year-old white female worker who was missing a couple of front teeth shouts...Have a nice day!...Have a nice day! The black girl turned around to see what it was all about as she thought the woman was calling her. She turned and looked and saw the lady waiving goodbye and took off like a bat out of hell out the door. :eek: Well...I could barely contain myself. As I'm walking to my car I'm laughing quietly to myself. I made it to my car only to close the door and belted out laughing. :D I don't mean to be cruel but it was pretty amusing.

I don't mind Wally World. I shop there. Though, when I do go to Walmart, I have to wear clothes. Something about No Shirt, No Shoes, no Service... bastages.

Ever follow some of the people of Wal-Mart links?:D

I love Wal-Mart, show me a f*cking store that does not have sh*t made in China some way or another:rolleyes:

I like Target also, but you cant play the Mullet game in Target.

We can't put the blame for made in China on Boxmarts. You're right, that 'problem' is everywhere we go.

I collect models. A LOT of models. I try to avoid the mass produced pulp cheapies coming out of China and it gets more difficult all the time. If it's expensive, it's going to be made here or in Europe (and has REAL value), if it's cheap, well, probably not Europe :) and I'm steering well clear of it.

We can't put the blame for made in China on Boxmarts. You're right, that 'problem' is everywhere we go.

I collect models. A LOT of models. I try to avoid the mass produced pulp cheapies coming out of China and it gets more difficult all the time. If it's expensive, it's going to be made here or in Europe (and has REAL value), if it's cheap, well, probably not Europe :) and I'm steering well clear of it.

I use the China ones for kit bashing my slot cars:D

The bad thing about Walmart is this, When Sam was still alive and running it , he flat out said the only way that you would see made in china on his shelves would be if he couldn't find a comparable american product.

Now its all about the all mighty dollar.

I now refuse to buy levi's since they shut down there last american plant,
Say what you want but the quality went DOWN, but the price sure as hell didn't

I'm American all the way!:shifty: Thats why when my Chinese radio, that I have in my Japanese car needs repair, I take it to Sears!:rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.
Back