Shocks

Chris - I see this on rockauto - not sure if it helps

MOTORCRAFT Part # ASHV862 {#5U2Z18V125VA}
Rear; Color Code White; w/ Performance Suspension

* Stocked in outlying warehouse--shipping delayed up to 1 business day
$126.79

Those are the Euro's, and I already have the sport fronts here and I don't want to mix.

The ASH24468's (Purple) seem to be the ones that will match.

I'm sure you've thought of this already but what would the dealer say if you call them and ask them for the part #?

I'll admit I copied this from the T-bird guys, but it helps on all parts.
" All Ford Strut Shocks P/Ns will share the same basic numbers - the center part of the p/n string - Front 18124, Rear 18125. The first 4 digits indicate the year and product line. The suffix (in this case AA, BA) indicate the revision level.

Here is a breakdown for 5W4Z18124DA:

First 5 = 2005 - Part originally designed for a 2005 Model Year Vehicle
W4 = DEW98 Platform (i.e., = Lincoln LS - RWD Thunderbird is W6)
Z = Ford Customer Service Division Product Analysis (replacement part)
18124 = Basic P/N for a front strut shock
DA = Design / revision level (as I recall the standard struts for the 2005 LS are AA)

Ford definitely shares parts between models. The P/Ns will reflect the original usage."
I just went through last week and mined all the LS sport shocks I could find all the way back. As long as they cross to the 2nd thru 9th characters (xW4Z18124 DA)they will work.
However what you will find as your frustration shows the only sport shocks available are ASH-355 and ASH-357 which are OUT OF PRODUCTION! I sourced mine from 3 different sources to get all four. Both Tasca and Fordpartsgiant could not fill an order. Good luck! and Happy hunting.

I'll admit I copied this from the T-bird guys, but it helps on all parts.
" All Ford Strut Shocks P/Ns will share the same basic numbers - the center part of the p/n string - Front 18124, Rear 18125. The first 4 digits indicate the year and product line. The suffix (in this case AA, BA) indicate the revision level.

Here is a breakdown for 5W4Z18124DA:

First 5 = 2005 - Part originally designed for a 2005 Model Year Vehicle
W4 = DEW98 Platform (i.e., = Lincoln LS - RWD Thunderbird is W6)
Z = Ford Customer Service Division Product Analysis (replacement part)
18124 = Basic P/N for a front strut shock
DA = Design / revision level (as I recall the standard struts for the 2005 LS are AA)

Ford definitely shares parts between models. The P/Ns will reflect the original usage."
I just went through last week and mined all the LS sport shocks I could find all the way back. As long as they cross to the 2nd thru 9th characters (xW4Z18124 DA)they will work.
However what you will find as your frustration shows the only sport shocks available are ASH-355 and ASH-357 which are OUT OF PRODUCTION! I sourced mine from 3 different sources to get all four. Both Tasca and Fordpartsgiant could not fill an order. Good luck! and Happy hunting.

Excellent break-down.....

Then again, the sport shocks sitting in my garage are ASH-80 and ASH-82.

Sounds like stance is about to get more business :biggrin:

Excellent break-down.....

Then again, the sport shocks sitting in my garage are ASH-80 and ASH-82.

They are part numbers used by Ford for 2000 to 2002. These have been superseded at least twice (ASH-216 is one) if my memory serves me right.
If you got them recently they were old stock that you helped a vendor clear out. I hope you got a good deal on them.

I've seen "special" and "performance" used interchangeably.

I hope you're not over-thinking the issue..... Remember, Ford changes part numbers like most people change their underwear!!

We're supposed to change our underwear? Dammit...

We're supposed to change our underwear? Dammit...

Depends.......

un-depends.jpg

un-depends.jpg

Reading this and the only thing I can contribute is...****. Alax may be right. Wonder if it's this hard to find parts for a Ford GT.

I have AT705G (front...this is not listed correctly on rockauto.com, they are listed as rears) and ASH24468 (rear)

Aren't they European (read hard ride) suspension?

From everything I have seen they are sport shocks. They ride a lot stiffer than my origional shocks but they had 175k on them so that's really no comparison. They are labeled 'special suspension' on rock auto. I will check another site tonight and see, I worked 16 hours yesterday so I was a bit tired last nite

More confusion, according to rockauto, the long part number for those closeout AT705G is XW4Z18125CA. Now according to the guy at the dealer I talked to and WickedAce's post above, the "18125" portion of the long part number indicates rears.

Don't know if this helps, but here is my rockauto order for sport shocks from a year ago:

MOTORCRAFT AT704G Shock Absorber $ 77.79 $ 0.00 2 $ 155.58
MOTORCRAFT AST25 Strut Assembly $ 71.79 $ 0.00 2 $ 143.58

I can't remember which was front and which was rear.

But, this old thread has information from Max, our former parts connection: http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/forum/showthread.php?75786-Replacing-Shocks

And according to that:
Front: Motorcraft 1W4Z-18124-DA, AST25
Rear: Motorcraft XW4Z-18125-BA, AT704G

This is confirmed by Max himself in this post:
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/fo...n-sport-shocks&p=873246&viewfull=1#post873246

Good luck with that, it was a nightmare for me. I'll be going cheapo next time, but then again I probably won't have a choice.

Good luck with that, it was a nightmare for me. I'll be going cheapo next time, but then again I probably won't have a choice.

So which part numbers did you end up going with, how did they work out, and where did you order them from?

Thanks.

View attachment 828464152
So which part numbers did you end up going with, how did they work out, and where did you order them from?

Thanks.

For the rears, I ended up ordered ASH24468 off of rockauto.com listed under a 2002 LS. They worked fine and are indeed the sports, firmer than my old ones. I didn't copy the long part number off of the box, sorry.

Untitled.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back