Shine some light my way.

ReMiXeDg

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi all good morning.

So I replaced the tires on my lincoln ls 17 inch rims. Now my ebrake , advance trac and abs light comes on after a while from driving sooner than it use to. Anyways now it comes on and after I turn off then on the car the lights go off but abs stays on and then after I drive a couple feet the abs will go off . This has happen twice so far and after it has happen I parked the car.

What could be the possible issue here?

Thanks a lot and sorry for being suck a pain

I must also say that I think the car needs a clock spring the horn works sometimes mostly rarely when you first turn on the carZ

I would check/clean the ABS sensors on all the wheel hubs. maybe one got knocked loose, or one could just be faulty.

as for clockspring, do any of your steering wheel buttons work? If not you're prob right.

Thanks for the reply . I wi get those sensors looked at as for the clock spring that can cause the lights right .0

a dead clock spring = a dead steering wheel. no lights or steering wheel control buttons will work.

Buddy of mine changed my clock spring in about a half hour with no special tools. Even though I did buy a special tool that's supposedly required for the job lol.

Thanks for the reply . I wi get those sensors looked at as for the clock spring that can cause the lights right .0

Your clockspring is not causing any of the warning lights to come on.

too tall of tire ? what size are they?

these issues were there before the tires were changed?

a dead clock spring = a dead steering wheel. no lights or steering wheel control buttons will work.

Buddy of mine changed my clock spring in about a half hour with no special tools. Even though I did buy a special tool that's supposedly required for the job lol.

Not always. The traces can, and will, fail independently.

Now my ebrake , advance trac and abs light comes on after a while from driving sooner than it use to.

So it used to come on before as well? Clearly there's an issue with most likely one of the sensors.

So it used to come on before as well? Clearly there's an issue with most likely one of the sensors.

I'm going to replace all sensors most likely its the wheel speed sensor?

ive had this issue before where the lights ( abs and traction control) light would come on once in a blue moon but after a wheel alignment and new tires now the abs , traction and brake light comes on after a while from driving then after turning the car off then on the abs light stays on after driving a block it'll go off and repeat.

i should do the wheel speed sensors front and back if i don't get the code read right?

it was raining yesterday if it helps..

You should probably get the code read before replacing all of the sensors, unless you got money like that...

You should probably get the code read before replacing all of the sensors, unless you got money like that...

after my transmission on monday

Big-BALLA_o_126210.jpg

Big-BALLA_o_126210.jpg

Update. I drove the car around the block lights came on this time the milage was ------ and the pedal was kicking back a little but it restarted the car then lights went away came back on and now the milage is showing and pedal is not kicking back

Which pedal was kicking back (the brake pedal)?
I assume that the speedometer was at zero while this happened?
Sounds like it's the rear speed sensors, or the ABS module itself.
(This also explains the E-brake light, it gets upset if there's no speed data.)

Which pedal was kicking back (the brake pedal)?
I assume that the speedometer was at zero while this happened?
Sounds like it's the rear speed sensors, or the ABS module itself.
(This also explains the E-brake light, it gets upset if there's no speed data.)

Thanks and the break pedal kicked back. Ialso the speedo was at 0mph when I was moving .
I should replace the rear sensors then see if that fixes it?

They connected a computer when the lights where on and said nothing was coming up

...They connected a computer when the lights where on and said nothing was coming up

"They" need to use a Ford specific scan tool, or at least one that covers Ford ABS codes. Otherwise, it won't pick it up.

"They" need to use a Ford specific scan tool, or at least one that covers Ford ABS codes. Otherwise, it won't pick it up.

Thanks a lot for your help I will get his situated soon hopefully. If I can't get the codes red most likely it would be the rear sensors right? The emergincy light came on and the speedo was not working. Is it safe to drive like this short distances. I also notice when it occurs the power steering gets tight. When I reset the car it goes off

ReMiXeDg, which part of brooklyn are you in? I'm also located in brooklyn.

ReMiXeDg, which part of brooklyn are you in? I'm also located in brooklyn.

bushwick / east new york. but i mostly be all around brooklyn , queens and long island. do you have any good mechanics you can recommend that are familiar with lincoln ls inside and out.

and now the battery light went on and after i restart car it went off..

i am in need of some serious help.

bushwick / east new york. but i mostly be all around brooklyn , queens and long island. do you have any good mechanics you can recommend that are familiar with lincoln ls inside and out.

and now the battery light went on and after i restart car it went off..

i am in need of some serious help.

I have a guy in Queens who used to work at the MTA as a mechanic. Surprisingly he's pretty familiar with the inner and outer workings of the LS. If you want, we can meet up on a monday or wednesday and he can take a look. PM me your phone number

I have a guy in Queens who used to work at the MTA as a mechanic. Surprisingly he's pretty familiar with the inner and outer workings of the LS. If you want, we can meet up on a monday or wednesday and he can take a look. PM me your phone number

sure will pm you .. are you into any hobbys like remote control cars if you know what i mean or air planes anything?

Members online

No members online now.
Back