Shifter Light and Airbag Light

pal_bonds

LVC Member
Reaction score
My gear shifter light just died on me, does anyone know how to change it...
Also, the airbag light keeps on turning on. My Lincoln dealership charges alot just to figure out the problem. Does anyone know what I should look for to try to fix this...

LS driver for life...

pal_bonds said:
My gear shifter light just died on me, does anyone know how to change it...
Also, the airbag light keeps on turning on. My Lincoln dealership charges alot just to figure out the problem. Does anyone know what I should look for to try to fix this...

LS driver for life...

Hopefully you mean the lighting on the console and not the cluster. If you are speaking of the lighting on the center console where the shifter is... Pull the vents/bezel off of the rear of the center console by evenly pulling straight out. Next, lift the top of the center console up from the back, and slide the front out from under the ash tray. Now twist out the bulb holder from the shifter and replace bulb.

As for the airbag light, could be a bad module, or loose wire if it is intermittent. To get the run down on the airbag circuit... you will need to get the airbag sytem tested on the NGST at the dealer or any other local shop that has a scan tool.

Thanks for the center console solution. As for the airbag light, I found a broken cable under the driver's seat. This cable separates into a black and a red cable which connect to a yellow plastic "item". I guess I will need the dealership to fix or replace the piece unless someone knows how to fix it.

:dj:

Members online

No members online now.
Back