Shield hanging off bottom of my Lincoln

bobdirects

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 1998 Lincoln Continental, just purchased it used. The bottom front of my car has some sort of "shield" hanging off of it...what is this piece called, and is it a pain to reattach?

Nice to see this web site--of course I just discovered it, having just got the vehicle!

Bob:)

skid plate?

I am not sure what it is...it is COMPLETELY beneath the car, towards the front. Looks like it is screwed in...made of a hard plastic or fiberglass.

My 98 has a little "air dam" (black plastic) and its attached with plastic "push in" screws.

Very easy to do, you will prob need extra push in screws, most auto stores sell them in the "HELP" packages.

whatever u do dont use zip ties!, i didnt feel like drivin to the auto part store yo get those push screws and it took me forever to get the ties in there.

I went to my local dealership, found out this was my "deflector shield"...I need those plastic pins, like you said. I will try to find them at a small parts store. The guy at the dealership said he sold 'em for about $4 EACH...a parts store would sell me a whole bag for $4. :)

thanks everyone! I hope to use you all as wise resources in the future! I do love my "new to me" '98 Lincoln!

Members online

No members online now.
Back