She Lives!!

bl_rdrgz

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Well as some of you know i recently purchased a 2005 lincoln ls8 that apparently had a blown head gasket. well last night i got to work. changed 8 plugs and 8 coils. she runs like a dream now! now i have found another issue. the radiator is busted. and it just spews coolant everywhere. so now my question is how hard is it to replace the radiator?

From personal experience, the radiator was the hardest thing I've changed out on the car so far. It is tough! It has to be removed from the bottom of the car, while on a lift. You can find the tech article at http://deneau.info/ls/

I got the autozone one and it has been perfect so far, it also comes with a lifetime warranty and I was able to use a coupon code to bring it to less than $100.

2-3 hours... it's bad... trust me. About an hour of it was me cursing at it, drinking beer, pacing around the car wondering how tf do I get this out?

yea joe you gave me that other link to all the other parts and im thinking about doing them all at once. not keep on putting up with all this cooling crap. lol

If you go to a shop bring the tech article print out with you... Most people assume every radiator can be removed from the top, and even though you can remove this one from the top - I wouldn't recommend someone who doesn't have LS experience attempting it. I took my car to the shop when my radiator blew and my mechanic wanted to remove it from the top and said he would have to remove one of the refrigerant lines - that's when I left and decided to do it myself.

Haha na I can't bring my self to pay someone to do something I'm capable of doing. Although last night while I was looking at other parts of the cooling system trying to figure out where it was busted from. Some of the cooling plastic pieces looked new and other didn't. Ended up being the side of the radiator. So idk. I'm thinking someone may have already gone through some of the trouble for me. Lol

Well as some of you know i recently purchased a 2005 lincoln ls8 that apparently had a blown head gasket. well last night i got to work. changed 8 plugs and 8 coils. she runs like a dream now! now i have found another issue. the radiator is busted. and it just spews coolant everywhere. so now my question is how hard is it to replace the radiator?

Hey you sure you don't need at less a valve cover gasket with them new coils and plugs don't want to see you have to do this all over again

I used the wrong bolt to re-mount my radiator the 1st time and ran the bolt thru the side tank of the radiator. I used a dab of Max-steel and covered that with JB Weld and it held until I sold the car 3 years later. Just throwing that out there.

Hey you sure you don't need at less a valve cover gasket with them new coils and plugs don't want to see you have to do this all over again

It's a big mistake to assume that coils only or mainly fail because of oil exposure. They often/usually fail without any exposure to oil or water. It's an issue with the epoxy inside the coils. The valve cover gaskets on the 2004 to 2006 seem (with some exceptions) to be pretty reliable and long life.

I was waiting for Some one to say that. I purchased the valve cover gaskets as well just in case the oil wells were filled with oil. All 8 oil well bone dry. If it's not broke don't fix it. Lol

I was waiting for Some one to say that. I purchased the valve cover gaskets as well just in case the oil wells were filled with oil. All 8 oil well bone dry. If it's not broke don't fix it. Lol

Yeah my question should have been did you make sure the plugs where not wet lol. I was considering that you my not have the knowledge of if the coils wet new gasket just was asking.

Members online

No members online now.
Back