Seville overheating

footballcoach

LVC Member
Reaction score
My father-in-law has a 2000 Deville (not Seville) that has started overheating. A garage changed the thermostat but it didn't help. Could it be the head gasket? What other possibilities could cause this? I'm not aware of coolant on the ground from a leak. He has been offered $500 for it.

It is very likely a head gasket, I would get a tester and test the head gasket to be sure, many people have falsely diagnosed blown head gaskets in Northstars that are over heating. It could be a problem in the cooling system as well. As for what you have been offered for it, how many miles are on it, what condition is it in, and what trim level is it (Base, DHS, DTS).

Btw, in case you didn't know, the Northstar is very widely know for blowing head gaskets, but they got better as the years went on, the issue was a faulty bolt design, over time, the head would lift away from the block, causing the failure.

good luck, I hope its not the head gasket and only something small like......the water pump but u did say u didn't notice any coolant on the ground so hard to say

Members online

Back