Serpentine Belt issue now...

JennsLincolnLS

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello again all...my serpentine belt...the one you can see in the front is fraying (I just noticed this when it started making a funky noise on my way home from work) I am parked at a friends and have to fix it...NOW so my question is what do I have to remove to do this any advice as always is much appreciated!!!

Hello again all...my serpentine belt...the one you can see in the front is fraying (I just noticed this when it started making a funky noise on my way home from work) I am parked at a friends and have to fix it...NOW so my question is what do I have to remove to do this any advice as always is much appreciated!!!

Anything that blocks access to the belt. IIRC just the intake plumbing.

Belt 3.0L

Removal

Remove the air cleaner outlet tube.

Rotate the tensioner counterclockwise and remove the drive belt.

Installation

CAUTION: Incorrect drive belt installation will cause premature drive belt failure. NOTE: Make sure the drive belt is correctly installed on each pulley. To install, reverse the removal procedure.

Refer to component locations-3.0L for correct drive belt routing.

serpentine belt V6.gif

So I found out why my serpentine belt went bad and got chewed...my water pump that I just replaced less than 6 months ago...yeah the pulley busted off....AND Shucks doesn't have any record of me buying one from them which is BS and I can't find my reciept....SO another $55 into my car after I bought a new belt and some oil and a filter for an oil change....plus now I need coolant cuz I had to drain it all to get the water pump off....I love my life, I have the worst luck with this car!!!

In all seriousness, if you worst problem in life is your car, you're doing pretty good.

Anyway, I do understand the frustration.

Get a girlfriend or a wife

These cars are cheap compared to women! I have the V6 also, easy replacement for the belt, just remove the intake after the air filter so you can reach down to the tensioner, insert rachet to relax spring, replace belt.

Members online

No members online now.
Back