sensor lowering?

MrWilson

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
so, first of all where is the sensor? also what do i do to lower it. and when i get it lowered, so it doesnt drop to the ground when i go over 55, i would think i turn off the ride switch? or would that have any adverse effects? also, how long does it take. someone who HAS done it tell me how long it took you.

MrWilson said:
so, first of all where is the sensor? also what do i do to lower it. and when i get it lowered, so it doesnt drop to the ground when i go over 55, i would think i turn off the ride switch? or would that have any adverse effects? also, how long does it take. someone who HAS done it tell me how long it took you.

You have mail! :Beer

Just make sure to loosen up the suspension points first so they don;t bind and wear out prematurely. Also be prepared to replace your front air bags with the inevitable leaks that will occur.

It doesn't take very long at all, maybe 15 to 30 mins tops (this time included a readjustment on the rear for me). I assume you were told or figured out that the front sensors are located inside the front wheel wells in front of the air struts. Before drilling any holes like the linked instructions show, loosen the bottom of the front sensors and adjust them all the way to the top of the slotted bracket. You can access the fronts by turning your wheels all the way to either side for the corresponding front wheel. This adjustment may make your car low enough for your tastes as it was perfect for mine. Adjust the rear sensor about the same distance as you did in the front, only in the opposite direction as the instructions show. I pulled my car halfway up on a curb by my driveway to make it easier to crawl underneath in order to access the rear sensor, which is located by the rear drivers side wheel as the instructions show. If your car isn't low enough for you after these adjustments, then happy drilling. Good luck.

MonsterMark said:
Just make sure to loosen up the suspension points first so they don;t bind and wear out prematurely. Also be prepared to replace your front air bags with the inevitable leaks that will occur.

well i do have new bags, got em in late october, will they still have leaks?

Nope. They usually leak after the bag has 'settled' and then you raise or lower it, changing the 'settled' spot.

make sure you get the kit from ray if you want to do it right with full control over lowering it . almost perfect in my car, but i have a slightly diffrent setup than others. a bunch of the other guys on the bord have it and its cheap (inexspensive) e-mail him.

-Eric

I may be interested in this kit. I just put 18's on and i like em.........but........i sure would like it if they looked a lil bigger......solution= lower the car. But i would like have some control....any extra info is appreciated

indust82 said:
I may be interested in this kit. I just put 18's on and i like em.........but........i sure would like it if they looked a lil bigger......solution= lower the car. But i would like have some control....any extra info is appreciated

Here is what my old car with the 18's on it looked like sensor lowered, and also with my switch kit installed for that 'parking lot' stance.

Ray Roasting_0003.jpg

markbear1.jpg

assassinVIIIor2.jpg

rollin_in.jpg

yeah, those definitely look bigger than mine.......kinda weird how optical illusions work. what does the kit consist of? Is it alot harder to install? Did u have ray's(i think that's who i was told made em) kit?

indust82 said:
yeah, those definitely look bigger than mine.......kinda weird how optical illusions work. what does the kit consist of? Is it alot harder to install? Did u have ray's(i think that's who i was told made em) kit?

ray's kit sux. mines better

yours is better?

I'm still toyin with this idea........cuz i don't want to shorten the life of my bags(but i do want my 18's to look like 18's) But if i did lower it i'd want some control......so let me know what u got, and there's a good chance that I'm interested. :L

indust82 said:
I'm still toyin with this idea........cuz i don't want to shorten the life of my bags(but i do want my 18's to look like 18's) But if i did lower it i'd want some control......so let me know what u got, and there's a good chance that I'm interested. :L

Mine is cheap what required
a knife
duct tape
stap the bags and let deflate
to air up place tape over hole and turn car on to inflate :N
well rays is a switch just to lower the car all the way down.
if you want control theire is a guy named henry that sell one has three heights rays cost 35 and henry cost 100

Rays is much better, allot easier to install as long as he gets the instructions wrote up or just walk through it on the phone with him, I would post pick but I have reason not to.

Members online

Back