Semi-Solved: Flashing AT light, no code - now B1869/P1000?

FDR

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Good new first, in case anyone else runs into this

I had a C1287 (booster pedal force switch circuit failure) and C1289 (brake pressure sensor circuit fail). These popped up after/during bleeding all 4 of those sweet, sweet S-type R brakes. To be nice to my assistant pumping the brakes and to speed things up try and go for a full flush, I had the engine running. I'm guessing ABS freaked out when it saw the brakes applied multiple times without enough pressure at the sensors, it assumed the sensors were bad and threw those codes. Since I pulled them with Forscan, I immediately cleared them to see if they came back. They didn't. But the Advance Trac light was still flashing. It didn't chime and the message center said A/T was ok

After some digging, it turns out when you clear A/T codes via Forscan on the LS, it requires recalibration. I used the Windows version of Forscan to do a Steering Wheel Angle recal and a YAW recal. I don't know if I had to do both, but the light went out after the second recal, which happened to be the YAW. It has to be version 2.3.5 or later and I think I needed the extended license key (free w/ forscan forum account)

Now the confusing news/problem

Forscan is now pulling a P1000 (OBDII not ready) and B1869 (air bag warning lamp/circuit malfunction). The CEL is not on and both the CEL and the SRS light work fine at startup. Although IIRC P1000 doesn't throw a light. I think I've driven enough to normally clear a P1000 since I cleared the A/T codes, but if it doesn't clear after my 1-hour each way commute tomorrow, it's gonna really throw me for a loop. Clearing codes shouldn't throw a P1000 though, Any thoughts on that or the SRS light code? I know, there's always vagrant B____ codes on LSes...

Side note: the SRS light is an LED from the factory, the only one in the gauge cluster. It amazes me people manage to burn those out

Regarding Forscan, where did you get your interface cable? Is it the ELM27 that they sell on Amazon, or is that a bad China clone. I've already downloaded the program to my lap top and don't want to use the bluetooth, Thanks.

... Clearing codes shouldn't throw a P1000 though...

Yes it should and it does. It is in fact a government requirement that it do this. It is to stop people from cheating on emissions tests by clearing a fault code just before the test.

I just ran out to check. I thought I had only cleared the ABS module, but I now see I cleared all modules. Duh. I didn't think clearing regular codes via Torque ever threw a P1000, but it's gone now either way

I still have the B1869 and now also B1201 (Fuel sender circuit) but no obvious problems. So, a standard scan for an LS I take it. All is well now

Members online

No members online now.
Back