Selling LS to make room for a MKZ

Dukester

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I love my LS, but at work they're giving out car allowances for sales if your car is 5 yrs old or less, so I pulled the trigger on a new (to me) 2008 MKS which I got a pretty good deal on.

I'm looking to get some input on what my LS may be worth. Details are:
2002 LS V8 sport
88k miles
Options: heated seats, sunroof, alpine system
The LS is my daily driver, overall it's clean, runs good and I would rate it as good to very good overall.

The online guides seem pretty optimistic, I went to Edmunds, KBB, and NADA and got a value about $6500. What do you guys think on value?

Also, if anybody is interested, let me know.

Pics below of the LS and one of the MKZ. The MKZ is still at the dealer getting detailed and getting a minor stain out of the back of the passenger seat.

Thanks,
Mike

2002_LS_driver.jpg

Lincoln_MKZ.jpg

I love my LS, but

The word "but" cancels out the previous statement as insignificant.
YOU DISGUST ME ! !

Congrats, I hope you enjoy. Let me know if they are able to remove that stain. I am in auto detailing myself.

Sounds about right for the LS. Good luck on the MKZ. It's a nice car, but I would never get one just because they are FWD. Torque steer sucks and even the AWD does it bad.

they guy i bought my ls from got an mkz and he loves it, ive driven a few and i like it too.

I've driven a couple, but only about 15 or 20 miles. I've been looking around for what might be the replacement for the LS, but with the new allowance, it made sense to go ahead and get something newer. With taxes taken out, the allowance covers all but $80 of the car note, so it's a pretty good deal.

Now I just need to sell the LS and pay off the last year on my wife's truck note and I'll be golden.

I think I'm going to try and get $6K for the LS. Looking around, that seems like a decent mid point for a good condition one with fairly low miles.

I don't have any handy, but will take some tonight when I get home and post them. .

sweet, cant wait for the interior pics, car looks nice

Here are the interior pics. Forgive the little bit of dirt on the carpet as I haven't done any clean up yet since I don't pick up the MKZ until tomorrow.

The inside is stock and overall its pretty clean. A few minor scuffs here and there and some very minor cracking starting on the driver's seat. Since I'm the only person in it 90% of the time most of the seats don't get much use.

I was planning on getting it detailed in and out after I pick up the MKZ.

dr_dash.JPG

pass_dash.JPG

dr_seat.JPG

dr_seat_closeup.JPG

pass_seat.JPG

backseat.JPG

front_seats.JPG

Thats a deal I wouldn't pass up on it either Good Luck with the MKZ

I'm hoping the $6K pricepoint will get it moved out of here. I want to use the proceeds to pay off the wife's Explorer.

If anybody from LVC is really serious, I'll knock off a couple hundred more if you take it as is and I don't have to spend time and $ getting it detailed.

Also, a few extra details, the tires are michelin pilot sports I put on last Feb and they have plenty of life left in them. Also, I have a set of new brake pads for it as well. As soon as I change the pads, I usually run down to autozone and trade in the old ones for new ones on the lifetime exchange so they are in the garage when I need them.

I had my heart set on a black LS, but gotta admit that I like your car. I'm in Houston, near Memorial Park, so it should be easy to get together. I'll PM for additional details.

I'm happy to announce myself as the proud new owner of Dukester's LS as of this afternoon. Dukester and I both work in downtown Houston, so it was extremely easy for us to get together.

Working with Dukester was a great experience. His professionalism and attention to detail in getting paperwork together immediately put me at ease. It is no wonder why the vehicle is in such fine shape.

Thanks again, Dukester.

I love my LS, but at work they're giving out car allowances for sales if your car is 5 yrs old or less, so I pulled the trigger on a new (to me) 2008 MKS which I got a pretty good deal on.

I'm looking to get some input on what my LS may be worth. Details are:
2002 LS V8 sport
88k miles
Options: heated seats, sunroof, alpine system
The LS is my daily driver, overall it's clean, runs good and I would rate it as good to very good overall.

The online guides seem pretty optimistic, I went to Edmunds, KBB, and NADA and got a value about $6500. What do you guys think on value?

Also, if anybody is interested, let me know.

Pics below of the LS and one of the MKZ. The MKZ is still at the dealer getting detailed and getting a minor stain out of the back of the passenger seat.

Thanks,
Mike

I LOVE the MKZ & I to hope to have one someday. I actually like it over the MKS at times, because I'm not a fan of the MKS taillights even though I love the car. The MKZ tails look great & I love them. Good luck with the MKZ A-Hole! :D

I'm happy to announce myself as the proud new owner of Dukester's LS as of this afternoon. Dukester and I both work in downtown Houston, so it was extremely easy for us to get together.

Working with Dukester was a great experience. His professionalism and attention to detail in getting paperwork together immediately put me at ease. It is no wonder why the vehicle is in such fine shape.

Thanks again, Dukester.

Congrats on picking up a very nice & clean LS!

Members online

No members online now.
Back