Seeking solution to replace/replicate OEM Heater Hose and clamp at switch

Fleetwood86

LVC Member
Reaction score
Specs:

1994 Lincoln Continental - Executive Series

Looking for OEM Bypass Heater Hose part number F10H18D334.

This is the hose that begins at the manifold and meanders to firewall to hook onto the Temperature Control Lockout Switch.

Note in the picture that the OEM hose has the factory installed large metal clamp to secure it to the switch. I have the claim marked as #1 on the upside down T shaped switch.

While there are comperable hoses, none come with the large clamp.

I am told that Master Craft was the original vendor that made the part for Ford/Lincoln. I found a web site where they sell a replica of the part number but it does not have the large metal clamp.

Any suggestions would be appreciated if anyone had to make their own clamp, or, where to find a clamp. I've checked with the local auto parts store and they have nothing even close. I also checked a few repair shops specializing in radiators and hoses, and they said to go to the dealership, etc.

picC.jpg

picD.jpg

94cont_engine.jpg

Last edited:
How about you take a picture that shows the whole engine compartment?

The X marked hose, looks like a water or low pressure hose. Any hose shop should be able to make a replacement. After all, it's a simple hose.

The "1" hose... that looks like a high pressure hose of some sort. If it's the other end of the X hose, then... shrug.

Custom-made hoses and compression rings

Went to the automotive shop that makes new A/C and hydraulic line sets for classic cars. Had used them for my old Chevelle, years ago.

I removed the large and small hoses, and the Temperature Control Lockout Valve and Switch - the top of the T unscrews from the bottom, so, I was able to leave the hoses mounted. In the picture above, look at 1-3 on the picture. 1 and 3 being the bypass hoses and 2 being the valve.

I took the assembly to the shop and the guy used them to get the exact dimensions and where the molded bends needed to be and was able to reproduce each hose, exactly. They had the equipment to cinch those large metal compression rings onto the T.

One of their engineers said it was smart to do compression rings instead of the clamps you get at an auto parts store because it is holding about 1,600 lbs of pressure, and that is why Lincoln design engineers used the compression rings.

While they were replicating the OEM hoses and clamps, I was back at my little shop and took off the valve covers, made some minor adjustments, cleaned, and replaced the gaskets. I also had bought the manifold intake-gasket set and did all those.

No more cardboard under the car to catch the dripping oil. :D

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.
Back