Seeking an OEM CD Changer cord

craigh

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Many early LS's had a CD changer in the glovebox or there was an aftermarket setup where the CD changer got mounted in the trunk. Even if there was not a CD changer the LS's had the cord that went from the radio head unit to the glove box area. I have tried to pull one of these at the junkyard but could not get my hands inside the dash to do it. I am looking for one of these cords complete with both ends intact. Anyone have one for sale? I am not finding anything on the aftermarket right now.

I did manage to cut a cord out, but don't want to splice all the wires back together. Pics are of the plugs which are identical on both sides of the cord.

20210908_095500.jpg

20210908_095513.jpg

If you can't get the one out of a junkyard car how do you expect to install it in your car? CDs are ancient technology, I personally haven't used one since 2008. I'd get a head unit with the USB plug and convert all your CDs to mp3s and then you can have them all on one small USB stick instead of having a thousand different CDs. I stream 99% of my radio content from my phone via Bluetooth FM transmitter. Works awesome and they only cost 15 to 20 bucks for a good one

If you can't get the one out of a junkyard car how do you expect to install it in your car? CDs are ancient technology, I personally haven't used one since 2008. I'd get a head unit with the USB plug and convert all your CDs to mp3s and then you can have them all on one small USB stick instead of having a thousand different CDs. I stream 99% of my radio content from my phone via Bluetooth FM transmitter. Works awesome and they only cost 15 to 20 bucks for a good one
I believe he posted the same question on the LS Facebook group, I think he is trying to make a garage CD player setup using an LS radio/ CD changer.

Craig, we are going to the junkyard this weekend to get some Aviator parts, we will look over any LS’s they might have in and see if we can get the cable out.

Already have a 12v power supply and both an LS radio and a CD changer. Planning on doing a garage setup as I want to play my CD's while working in the garage.

I have the cable your looking for. I have a stock Alpine head unit and Allston system intact in the car still. Been thinking about a system with more punch then this make me an offer and will send it out ASAP

Members online

No members online now.
Back