Security issue

stinknlinknls8

LVC Member
Reaction score
Has this happened to anyone? I have a 01 ls8 and just this past week when I try to start my car it just cranks, it does this for 2 to 3 times then starts. The little bubble on the center of the dash has a red light that blinks rapidly
as its trying to crank over. The dealer tells me that this has something to do with the chip in my key. Does anyone know why this would happen ? has this happened to anyone before ? How would I fix it on my own ? Thanks in advance for the help:

This happened to my car before. I thought it was the battery, but it turned out to be the starting relay in the engine compartment.

I believe when the light blinks rapidly it means that it is in theft mode, could be the key, something with the anti-theft, numerous other components that you wouldn't even think would effect it but probably one of the first two....

stinknlinknls8 said:
Has this happened to anyone? I have a 01 ls8 and just this past week when I try to start my car it just cranks, it does this for 2 to 3 times then starts. The little bubble on the center of the dash has a red light that blinks rapidly
as its trying to crank over. The dealer tells me that this has something to do with the chip in my key. Does anyone know why this would happen ? has this happened to anyone before ? How would I fix it on my own ? Thanks in advance for the help:
My 04 has done this to me twice, each time a charge of the battery (even though it would crank) solved the problem. It did have to do with the low voltage (according to the error codes thrown) somehow causing the car to not recognize my key and go into theft mode. Cause is still under investigation by Ford/Lincoln.

Members online

No members online now.
Back