Securing angel eyes

5.7sbc

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I am going to be working on installing my eyes tomorrow and want some opinions on how to secure them. What type of glue/silicone to use? Any other tips or tricks from yuo do-it-yourselfers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Two types you can use. Either clear epoxy or clear RTV silicone. The epoxy will set up quicker but may yellow over time. The RTV silicone will take longer to set up but will not yellow. So, it's which ever one you want to use.

if you use exopy be careful. if it gets on the mirror and you try to take it off it will take the mirror finish off.

Same with the rtv silicone...If you add anytype of moisture to it before it cures (i.e. spit to clean a little spot) It will eat the finish.

I used the 5min epoxy with the mixing applicator (sp) tip. You can control the flow nicely and put the epoxy right where you want it.

I would have to say goop is the best since it won't run into the reflector while its drying (very thick), dries clear and tough as nails too.

Where exactly do you guys put the epoxy? If I glue it onto the mirror part of the h-lamps there shouldn't be a problem putting the black bezel back in is there?

goop i hear is good as well post some pics when your finished

Members online

No members online now.
Back