Seattle Area Shops and Technicians

theg1ft

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I just moved across the country and was wondering if anyone here knows of COMPETENT mechanics/technicians/shops in the Seattle, WA area? We have a Lincoln Dealership here in Olympia, but it seems like they're just too busy and not really attentive to the details. Also interesting - I stopped by the quicklane out here in a pinch and had one of my HID bulbs replaced and left with two different color temps. Wtf?:confused:

Thanks guys.

----
2004 Lincoln LS8 109k

??? The HID headlight on the LS do not have a replaceable bulb. The are a sealed unit,,, and when they fail you have to replace the whole headlight. There's even a sticker of some sort on the factory HID assembly,,, saying to return it to the dealer IIRC. If you were actually replacing an HID headlight assembly... I think you would be complaining more about the price. Last i checked on the Ford website... thay were about a grand a side... but were no longer available. Not sure what you bought at this point.

??? The HID headlight on the LS do not have a replaceable bulb. The are a sealed unit,,, and when they fail you have to replace the whole headlight. There's even a sticker of some sort on the factory HID assembly,,, saying to return it to the dealer IIRC. If you were actually replacing an HID headlight assembly... I think you would be complaining more about the price. Last i checked on the Ford website... thay were about a grand a side... but were no longer available. Not sure what you bought at this point.
D2r bulb

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

This is completely wrong. Where do you get this stuff???

Yeah.... any idea what factory color temperature is?they put in 6k which looks much more soft white /yellow compared to what is in there before.

2C5Z-13N021-BA is the Ford part number for the HID bulbs. Their description does not give a color temperature. With that disclaimer given, I believe that they are 4500K. If you want them to match, you should probably buy and replace both at the same time. I think that it may be possible for the color to change slightly as the bulbs age (I don't know this for certain).

I'm sorry. On re-reading this, I realize that it comes off a bit harsh. I was just wondering where that came from? Ford does sell the bulbs and ballasts for the LS. If you had a warranty claim, they would certainly just replace the bulb or the ballast as needed.

It is true on gen II (though some have argued with me on this) that you do have to remove the headlight assembly to change either of the bulbs in it. There are covers screwed onto the back of the assembly that you have to remove to be able to get to the bulbs.

2C5Z-13N021-BA is the Ford part number for the HID bulbs. Their description does not give a color temperature. With that disclaimer given, I believe that they are 4500K. If you want them to match, you should probably buy and replace both at the same time. I think that it may be possible for the color to change slightly as the bulbs age (I don't know this for certain).
That's what I was thinking too. Looks like it's well supported that the colir temp raises during the first 100 or so hours:
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=690095&highlight=color+shift

Hope it does. Don't dig the yellow.

Quote Joe:

"This is completely wrong. Where do you get this stuff???"

No need to apologize Joe. No offense taken. Where did I get that ??? Not sure,,, but it may have been from a poster years ago on this forum that was trying to sell some HID units he had. I thought he said they were NLA. I checked the Ford website,,, and both assemblies are available. Both bulb/ballast units are too. But at $2k for an assembly... or $840 for the bulb/ballast,,, I wouldn't want to spent YOUR money for them,,, let alone mine :)

Members online

No members online now.
Back