Seat Gears

Gonna check when I get home. At work now. I hope that's all it is. I just had them out a couple of weeks ago cleaning carpet and such.

That rules out the motor. I have access to Mitchell and Chilton database where I work. I can't seem to find a diagram of the mechanical components on either site. Hope it's just something in track and not stripped gears. I am heading home in a few and will hopefully be able to get the bolts/nuts loose. The seat is in the farthest rearward position so I may have some trouble with the rear bolts.

If I push the motor plus shaft down, it engages other side. Something's out of whack.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415924261.500238.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415924261.500238.jpg

Anyone want to guess why my lumbar doesn't work? The motor spins but doesn't move anything. How hard is it to open the seat that far up?

well normally the back of the seat opens all on its own...

Anyone want to guess why my lumbar doesn't work? The motor spins but doesn't move anything. How hard is it to open the seat that far up?

IIRC, the lumbar is an air bladder......

Call me crazy, but the more I find wrong with the LS, the more I love it. I must be nuts. lol.

IIRC, the lumbar is an air bladder......

In my LS, it sounds like it's running the motor in both directions, which led me to believe it was mechanical. I would expect a valve to just open for deflation. HOWEVER, after determining it wasn't working, I stopped playing with it because I was comfortable with how it was, which was months ago, so I may be wrong

so whats the plan

The seat is in a good comfortable position at the moment. Going to leave it be until I have more time to work on it. I have some other projects I am working on right now (headliner, carpet cleaning, exterior, oil pan gasket). When I get time, I will disassemble it and take a closer look.

Members online

No members online now.
Back