SCT Xcalibrator 2 Questions..

LsPlayboy18

LVC Member
Reaction score
If you have one tell me what you think.. i was thinking of getting my pcm reflashed because of rough shifting, but i guess ill just buy this instead Ive got a 00 v8 so let me know how this thing has worked for you and how hard it is to use..

I wouldn't think that this would address the same issues as the PCM update. However, I tuned the chip on my 2000 Chevy Blazer and it made a BIG difference! If this does fix your shifting issues let me know!

There's been some very positive feedback with the SCT handheld here. I think that the tuners are only scratching the surface too. There's a lot more to be had as time goes on and they get to spend more time on dynos. I'm not familiar with the SCT unit like I am with the Diablo unit (Predator) but I would assume they are the same as far as updates are concerned. You can have tunes emailed to you as they discover new and better performance data...or if you change your combination. Give it a try! If you don't like what you receive, call them up and tell them what's going on. They should be able to email you a new tune. Better yet...take it to a dyno and give them that data to work with. Good luck!!

do a search on the SCT flasher - many threads -> http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showpost.php?p=27874&postcount=8

I talk about the XCal1 but the XCal2 is a better unit - the tunes are the same.

the best I got was 22rwhp with a mbt tune.

I am daily driving with a 19rwhp and improved shift points with increased shift firmness.

it take 5mins to upload a tune - that's it - very easy to use.

Quik LS said:
do a search on the SCT flasher - many threads -> http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showpost.php?p=27874&postcount=8

the best I got was 22rwhp with a mbt tune.

I am daily driving with a 19rwhp and improved shift points with increased shift firmness.

it take 5mins to upload a tune - that's it - very easy to use.

Quik,

I'm curious why you daily drive it at 19rwhp as opposed to the maximum you've gotten @ 22rwhp? Once I get the rest of my mods I want to tune it high, but am curious if there is a reason you don't run yours daily at max tune.

I'm going to get my xcal 2 when my exhaust and intake comes in so it can be tuned with the other bolt-on's in mind.

I've actually worked with another company in the past on a few items and they're making an all polished high-grade aluminmum intake tube and filter housing. I'm hoping to test this new intake tube and enclosure by the end of next month.

didjital| said:
Quik,

I'm curious why you daily drive it at 19rwhp as opposed to the maximum you've gotten @ 22rwhp? Once I get the rest of my mods I want to tune it high, but am curious if there is a reason you don't run yours daily at max tune.

I'm going to get my xcal 2 when my exhaust and intake comes in so it can be tuned with the other bolt-on's in mind.

I've actually worked with another company in the past on a few items and they're making an all polished high-grade aluminmum intake tube and filter housing. I'm hoping to test this new intake tube and enclosure by the end of next month.

I 'pinged' under WOT at high rpms with the MBT - so we had to pull it back a bit.

Quik LS said:

Quik, on that link u say that my pcm has to be part of the sct data base for them to be able to tune it.. sorry if this is a dumb question but do i gotta somehow figure out my code and send it to them or what? and you talk about someone doing 3 different tunes for you. do you email them and tell them what your looking for then they send it to you? Ex: my shifting is rough and thats why i want to get my pcm reflashed in the 1st place but i also wouldnt getting the extra 13 rwhp like you said your running now.

Thanks for the help

LsPlayboy18 said:
Quik, on that link u say that my pcm has to be part of the sct data base for them to be able to tune it.. sorry if this is a dumb question but do i gotta somehow figure out my code and send it to them or what? and you talk about someone doing 3 different tunes for you. do you email them and tell them what your looking for then they send it to you? Ex: my shifting is rough and thats why i want to get my pcm reflashed in the 1st place but i also wouldnt getting the extra 13 rwhp like you said your running now.

Thanks for the help

the PCM code is on the PCM itself - you have to look up under the dash behind the glovebox

- or -

e-mail Torrie@fordpartsnetwork.com your VIN and he can decode it for you.

Same with the tunes - Torrie can suggest some things and you can pick from a menu of what he has done to other LSes.

Quik LS said:
the PCM code is on the PCM itself - you have to look up under the dash behind the glovebox

- or -

e-mail Torrie@fordpartsnetwork.com your VIN and he can decode it for you.

Same with the tunes - Torrie can suggest some things and you can pick from a menu of what he has done to other LSes.

:gr_hail: thanks alot for your help, on another note i was looking at the pics of your car and what kind of intake tube do you have, u like it?

Members online

Back