Sct X3

Amish Electrician

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Alrighty guys I have found a Sct x3 tuner that I can buy for 200 bucks he says it's brand new it's a ford tuner so I assume that it will tune my car..what do you guys think?....anything to watch out for?....I might be able to get it a little cheaper than that to

Price sounds good, I'm not sure about the whole putting your VIN# in the unit or the files for the LS but you can do anything computers now days...

Once you get a sweet tune uploaded on to your car you'll fall in love with your LS all over again! That's what happened to me!

Even though it is claimed to be brand new just make absolute sure that the unit is unlocked and put back to stock before purchasing it. If it is still tuned to another vehicle then have them put it back to stock before selling it to you.

By purchasing it and trying it out. :)

You may just have to take the guys word for it. Be aware that if you purchase it and it is locked it will cost you. Maybe make a deal with him that if it isn't unlocked you can return it and get a full refund.

this is something you should DEFINITELY do in person. that way you can make sure its stock before pissing your money away

I bought a used Xcal 2 this way. I didnt bother with the used parts BS when I bought my Livewire. I just bought it new from an authorized dealer. I would reccomend the same for an X3. I would also say be ware of that price. Thats what Xcal 2s are going for right now. If someone is selling an X3 for the same price.... it just could be to good to be true. Do the deal in person and make damn sure its unlocked.

Ok so ill def be making sure that its unlocked i emailed him back and he has not replyed yet. So if it is all good I take it that that's a good deal.

He sent me an email back saying that he set the car back to stock with the exception of the rear 02 senors will that be a problem?

He sent me an email back saying that he set the car back to stock with the exception of the rear 02 senors will that be a problem?

Verify what he means when he says that he set the car back to stock except the rear O2 sensors. Does that mean:

a) He set all other tuned settings back to stock except for the rear O2 sensors being shut off in the tune itself (for LT headers for instance).

b) He set the entire PCM from tuned with the SCT unit back to stock and there is currently a TOTALLY stock tune in the vehicles PCM; and he has done another physical modification of the rear O2 sensors like a MIL eliminator or other similar device.

What I am trying to get at is what does he mean about the "except the rear O2 sensors" part. That could either be a tuned modification or a physical modification.

So if he did set the PCM back to stock and just shut off the sensors with the tuner...I guess my question is will the tune work or not....ahh im just so confused lol.

its my understanding that he would need a tune to shut them off. In which case no it would not work for you without unlocking it. that cost about 150 bucks. at 350 you may as well buy a new one.

So if he did set the PCM back to stock and just shut off the sensors with the tuner...I guess my question is will the tune work or not....ahh im just so confused lol.

If you are asking will his custom tune work on yours LS....custom tunes are locked to the individual VIN and doesn't work on multiple vehicles.

Alright he told me that he set the PCM back to stock but just left the Rear sensors off

There is no way to turn the rear O2 sensors off in the computer without using a tune to do it. I guess I am still confused how he set the car back to stock in the tune but yet used the flash tuner to turn his rear O2's off. For the flash tuning device to have any affect on anything in the car it needs to write a full tune to the PCM. Even if only one little item is changed in the tune that is written it is still a "full" tune because the original tunefile was replaced in the PCM with a modified one.

Members online

No members online now.
Back