Screwy Climate control

97stscaddy

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Today I noticed something about the climate control in my car. When I turn it on, doesn't matter what button I push, temp up, temp down, fan speed, or any of the directional buttons, it automatically turns on the AC. Which seems kind of stupid since the temp was set to 84°F inside, and the outside temp was 33°F. Owners manual says that the AC will not work if the outside temp is below 35°F, which it is. But it does not say if the indicator light will come on.

Is this normal? I don't remember it being this way last winter, If it was I didn't pay attention to it.

Could it be that the actual interior temperature triggers the AC to automatically turn on when the CC is turned on? :shifty: Or is my CC being screwy?

AC comes on to remove moisture. Mine's always done it as far as I can remember. Been pretty cold around here lately, too.

yep, normal. I think whenever you turn on the front defogger, it also turns on the AC compressor (to dry like mentioned above) but the light on the climate control does not illuminate. This also makes the heat a little cooler too. The front defogger is the only setting which you can't manually turn the compressor off by pressing the AC button. You can on the rest, which saves gas and power, but may not reduce moisture and fog as fast.

Members online

No members online now.
Back